Home

Good News/Bad News - The Injury Bug Workaround

This is a discussion on Good News/Bad News - The Injury Bug Workaround within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 18
Good News/Bad News - The Injury Bug Workaround

OK guys, we think we have finally figured the infamous injury bug out. Special thanks go out to one of our dev guys who has actually moved on to another team already (Tim Juckett is the man!)...he is the one who figured this whole mess out.

Background for those of you who are not aware of the current injury issue:

Some players in your career would all of the sudden never come off the injury report. This was not all the time, it seemed to be random.

Well here is what we (Juckett) discovered...
If you enter play creator during a career from the coach clipboard, it will turn off injuries [which makes sense cause we don’t want injuries to occur while in play creator.]

But because of a logic bug they never get turned back on. So the injury table becomes frozen, no new injuries will occur and anyone currently in the injury will never come out of it.

Good News
Here is the good news. There is a workaround. You can STILL create plays in-game and that does NOT affect injuries in any way that we know of. You can STILL create plays/formations from front end, and then take that playbook into career mode, also with no injury effects.

Bad News
The bad news is this, do NOT go into Play Creator off of the Coach Clipboard (both off of the static clipboard and as well when it comes up as a live event in the clipboard itself). If you do enter into the play creator, the current injury bug rears its ugly head.

Bottom Line
Bottom line here is this, we are currently looking into fixing this bug via a patch or some sort of game update. However, this is not a guarantee at this point; we are still investigating the logistics of doing a patch from our end...Stay tuned.

We wanted to get you guys this information, so we could at least have some sort of workaround here in the short term for you guys. You can still create plays in your career, that functionality still exists thank goodness, which was one of the biggest deals of this whole situation.

Hope this helps stop the random injury bug for now. We know this is far from an ideal fix, but it should at least get us beyond the randomness of never knowing if your career was going to get hijacked by the injury bug or not.

Now you know how to avoid this at the very least.

Donny

Last edited by Donny_Moore; 08-13-2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: formatting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Good News/Bad News - The Injury Bug Workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
OK guys, we think we have finally figured the infamous injury bug out. Special thanks go out to one of our dev guys who has actually moved on to another team already (Tim Juckett is the man!)...he is the one who figured this whole mess out.

Background for those of you who are not aware of the current injury issue:

Some players in your career would all of the sudden never come off the injury report. This was not all the time, it seemed to be random.

Well here is what we (Juckett) discovered...
If you enter play creator during a career from the coach clipboard, it will turn off injuries [which makes sense cause we don’t want injuries to occur while in play creator.]

But because of a logic bug they never get turned back on. So the injury table becomes frozen, no new injuries will occur and anyone currently in the injury will never come out of it.

Good News
Here is the good news. There is a workaround. You can STILL create plays in-game and that does NOT affect injuries in any way that we know of. You can STILL create plays/formations from front end, and then take that playbook into career mode, also with no injury effects.

Bad News
The bad news is this, do NOT go into Play Creator off of the Coach Clipboard (both off of the static clipboard and as well when it comes up as a live event in the clipboard itself). If you do enter into the play creator, the current injury bug rears its ugly head.

Bottom Line
Bottom line here is this, we are currently looking into fixing this bug via a patch or some sort of game update. However, this is not a guarantee at this point; we are still investigating the logistics of doing a patch from our end...Stay tuned.

We wanted to get you guys this information, so we could at least have some sort of workaround here in the short term for you guys. You can still create plays in your career, that functionality still exists thank goodness, which was one of the biggest deals of this whole situation.

Hope this helps stop the random injury bug for now. We know this is far from an ideal fix, but it should at least get us beyond the randomness of never knowing if your career was going to get hijacked by the injury bug or not.

Now you know how to avoid this at the very least.

Donny
Thanks Donny, to me at least, this is a fine workaround for the time being which doesn't really impact the gameplay all that much.

My only question is, some people reported that the injury bug "went away" over the course of a season when someone else got injured - is this definitely, as far as you know the only cause? because otherwise why would it go away? I think they must have been mistaken about having the bug in the first place.

In addition, does this mean that if you have a game with the bug right now, we should just trash it since this workaround wont apply to it (unless you can live with it I suppose).
Old 08-13-2008, 06:08 PM   #3
Rookie

livinitup921's Arena

OVR: 4

Thanks for the update.....I just wish this news came out like an hour ago, i was just in play creator during my career. Ill just start over no big deal, the rookie draft is really fun for me
Old 08-13-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I have a question....... What if I went into play creator but didn't have any injuries at the time? Does this mean I will never see injuries in my career now? I'm only 2 games into preseason, so I can restart if needed.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
Light up the Trop in '12

djcorrosive's Arena

So if one of our goals in the preseason is to create 10 plays, we can only satisfy it by downloading plays or creating them in-game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I have a question....... What if I went into play creator but didn't have any injuries at the time? Does this mean I will never see injuries in my career now? I'm only 2 games into preseason, so I can restart if needed.

Anytime you go in there (even if you back right out), it has already happened.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Anytime you go in there (even if you back right out), it has already happened.
What if you are editing a play within a game?
Old 08-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #8
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Thanks Donny...at least there is a workaround for this...well done on spotting what has been a swine of a bug..props to Mr Juckett!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »