Home

Greatest Rushing Season ever

This is a discussion on Greatest Rushing Season ever within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 07:02 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Greatest Rushing Season ever

I ran for 115 yards as a team when I simmed 16 games with my Texas Tech Offense!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #10
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
And by greatest, I mean not greatest. And by not greatest, I mean one of the worst.

In my first season with the Carolina Panthers I ran for 763 yards AS A TEAM. My starter, Deangelo Williams, ran for 452 yards on a 2.4 AVG!

Wow. Epic fail.
Sounds like Rudy Johnson.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:45 AM   #11
Pro

osubucksfan47's Arena

OVR: 10

I have Julius Jones behind a weak Texans Line who in my first game got 1.8 YPC, a total of like 46 yards. Goal Line running for me is especially hard because I have the ball on the 1, and I'll call Goal Line Lead Dive, and then the RB will get to the line and then try to bounce the ball outside and lose yardage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #12
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

OVR: 11

yesterday in a pre-season game Portis had 80 yards and a TD in just one half of action. The game before he didn't do as well, but I don't remember the numbers... something like 2 yards a carry.

This last game I really felt I changed up my play-calling. I have the madden habit of just calling the same "generic" plays and not really thinking about the call that much, cause I could usually make the play work with my "stick skills". But this game I really concentrated on trying to mix it up with different formations and calling PA's to keep the "D" honest. I also tried to call a "mastered" play when I really needed my guys to come up big on 3rd downs.

OSFL
: Lake County Extreme- 2010 OSFL Champs
NCFA: WVU Mountaineers- As long as we beat Pitt...
BLB: Morgantown Mowhawks- Expansion Team
Old 08-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #13
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticbeast
yesterday in a pre-season game Portis had 80 yards and a TD in just one half of action. The game before he didn't do as well, but I don't remember the numbers... something like 2 yards a carry.

This last game I really felt I changed up my play-calling. I have the madden habit of just calling the same "generic" plays and not really thinking about the call that much, cause I could usually make the play work with my "stick skills". But this game I really concentrated on trying to mix it up with different formations and calling PA's to keep the "D" honest. I also tried to call a "mastered" play when I really needed my guys to come up big on 3rd downs.
Definetly, we all know those plays that never EVVVER work on Madden. Well since you aren't really running them with Head Coach, they are worth a shot.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #14
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I think it makes a HUGE difference having mastered or at least learned play knowledge. I run the ball pretty effectively with my handfull of learned/mastered plays using the Dolphins...but almost every time I use an unlearned play, I see at least one guy just standing there, falling over or going the wrong way...pretty cool, lol. I haven't gotten far enough to see if purely simmed stats are low for running though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »