Home

Feature Breakdown: Emotional Reaction (includes some clarity on emotional/calm issue)

This is a discussion on Feature Breakdown: Emotional Reaction (includes some clarity on emotional/calm issue) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 01:43 PM   #9
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Feature Breakdown: Emotional Reaction (includes some clarity on emotional/calm is

Oh, OK. That was a worry I had about the game... I didn't always want to be extremely pissed or extremely happy on the field.

Thanks BK. I can't wait to get this today.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #10
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Feature Breakdown: Emotional Reaction (includes some clarity on emotional/calm is

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Oh, OK. That was a worry I had about the game... I didn't always want to be extremely pissed or extremely happy on the field.

Thanks BK. I can't wait to get this today.
Yeah I haven't noticed that at all. And the way my defense has played (crappy) lately, I have had a lot of opportunities for meltwdowns.

When you get the game, keep in mind, it's not like Madden's franchise so things will seem a little overhwelming at first and sort of out of place. Then once you "get it" it all makes sense.

I'd truly recommend starting at test season from the "off-season" and just doing a runthrough to sort of get the lay of the land. That's what helped me "get it"
Old 08-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #11
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
No, what I believed I had read was that they were never getting a calm reaction, even though they were pressing towards it.
This is garbage. Of course people aren't getting a calm reaction...IT'S CALM! What do they want to see, the coach lying down on a cot to take a nap?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Ok, I figured this was how things worked. And it makes sense. I like that the personality type affects how you respond, it gives you more reason to know your players and also another criterion to use when adding players to your team. I was torn at first, but I have decided I am ok with the fact that you could have positive and negative responses if you are reacting to more than one player. It makes sense, and as long as the approval weighting is tuned/balanced well then it won't be an issue.

I do have one question though, will a player always react the same way to either emotional or calm? And by that I mean is it situation based at all? I may be wrong, but I really thought I had a player react positively once to emotional and then respond negatively to an emotional response at a different point.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:29 PM   #13
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17

Good breakdown Josh, loving this feature as many of the others in the game!
Old 08-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #14
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
This is garbage. Of course people aren't getting a calm reaction...IT'S CALM! What do they want to see, the coach lying down on a cot to take a nap?
I took it to mean that it was always the emotional hardcore celebratory or chewing out response.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #15
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Here's a question. I was using the Dolphins and John Beck seemed to react positively to a calm response, so I got into the habit (for some reason this came up a lot for him) but there were several plays that he seemed to want the opposite. For example, he through a beautiful TD pass off play action to force a halftime tie and I went emotional (as in "whoo hoo, good game) and he got upset. So I took the calm approach for the rest of the game. He seemed to go along these lines until I go one or him throwing for 300 yards. I chose "calm" as usual and he got upset. I haven't had a chance to look back through his personality traits, but are there traits that effect situational responses (like guys being mostly laid back, but maybe wanting praise for certain achievements)? Also, are there instances where you need to maybe praise often and criticize less (meaning get emotional for the good and going calm for bad...and vice versa)? None of these are complaints, by the way, just trying to get the hang of how deep this system works (the deeper the better, no matter how confusing!). It has seemed random at times, but it may just be that there is more to the system than I thought, which is never a bad thing!

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 08-14-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 06:37 PM   #16
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

I've decided that I'm going to respond in-game the same way I responded in real life...

Today Justin Fargas scored a on 27-yard toss play and I jumped out of my seat in excitement; so I chose the 'emotional response'.

I don't want to stop, think, and debate which option to choose when these should be spur-of-the-moment reactions; if my players don't like me for being myself, then too bad
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 08-14-2008 at 06:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »