Home

NFL Head Coach and the RRoD

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach and the RRoD within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
NFL Head Coach and the RRoD

Please God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Had the power go out while playing (as Nate Clements took a 70yd INT to the house), and got the RRoD. Rebooted and the console started up normal, but I didn't want to push it so I just shut down. Hoping that when I get home tonite all will be as normal. Anyone ever get the Rings when the power went out and have the console resume working normally subsequently with no issues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NFL Head Coach and the RRoD

Happens during storms all the time. You can unplug the power for a bit to reset it.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

I've never got RROD from the power going out. However, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I have gotten it and then had it quickly go away. Unfortunately, it came back for good in a couple weeks. If I were you and if I were still under warranty I'd call MS now to get your box on its way. If you've got RROD one time, it will probably come back. It's better to have the box ready so you can ship out right away.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #4
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappybrown

Had the power go out while playing (as Nate Clements took a 70yd INT to the house), and got the RRoD. Rebooted and the console started up normal, but I didn't want to push it so I just shut down. Hoping that when I get home tonite all will be as normal. Anyone ever get the Rings when the power went out and have the console resume working normally subsequently with no issues?
Thats why any game I get if I can get it for the PS3 i will. The hell with my Xbox 360. Thats the first console I've ever bought that actually broke down and I've been gaming since NES. Its not worth it! The last game I bought for 360 was Ninja Gaiden 2. Played for about a hour then suddenly my controller wouldn't sync anymore. Called customer service and did the trouble shooting and it didn't work. Now they were saying send it in its not covered under the extended warranty only the RROD is. Pay 100 dollars and that'll cover the shipping. I was like how the hell is it that I spent 400 on a console and it doesn't even work properly. I ended up unplugging it and hooking it back up and it synced. I would have paid 100 for nothing. I had the RROD of death in Nov07. Eff Xbox for real!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
Happens during storms all the time. You can unplug the power for a bit to reset it.
Good to hear - I checked out some other posts around the internet and seems like this is a common occurence if the power goes out while playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
I've never got RROD from the power going out. However, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I have gotten it and then had it quickly go away. Unfortunately, it came back for good in a couple weeks. If I were you and if I were still under warranty I'd call MS now to get your box on its way. If you've got RROD one time, it will probably come back. It's better to have the box ready so you can ship out right away.
This has happened to me, where the RRoD comes up, goes away for a week and then comes back for good. But that had nothing to do with the power going out - it just happened on its own. I am hoping that the power going is what caused, the poster above seems to have it happen to him a few times with no future issues.

Your idea regarding the box is well taken though, good call since it doesnt cost me anything, may do that while playing this evening.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #7
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

I actually got the RRoD last night while playing HC. Has nothing to do with the game, but just an old console. I was trying to get some more time in for the review and the 2D screens and menus went all scrambled. Tried to reboot it and got a "Please Call Microsoft Support" and the flashing red lower right quadrant. Unplugged, replugged, you name it. It's dead.

Unfazed, I headed down to Gamestop and picked up an Elite. I'll ship that dead one back to MS and get it fixed.
The review is still on schedule lol
Old 08-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappybrown

Was it actually the "RROD" or the Red Ring that goes on during a sudden power failure? One is three rings and one is four. I think the RROD is the three ring one, but I've never had it happen so I can't remember. People mix these up all the time, Flashing red lights don't always mean your 360 is about to crap out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »