Home

effin sign the thing already...

This is a discussion on effin sign the thing already... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
effin sign the thing already...

anyone get a player that won't sign for something decent yet, but at the same time won't walk away until the time runs out. I had a signing where I was literally down to 2 clicks left with it being on my side. The guy was a first round pick that we were down to two deals one with a huge signing bonus, one with a slightly less huge signing bonus, and we just kept bouncing back and forth. I didn't know what would happen if I didn't sign him in the "first round of contract negotiations" so I signed him to his deal.

So has anyone let the first round go by and seen if you go back to the table or not?

Just wondering if it is possible.

BTW the signings are bad ***, whatever dev gets credit for that is a champ!
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: effin sign the thing already...

If you don't sign him immediately, he'll walk away for a week or so and come back. In your secnario, when he came back he would have signed your proposal since you two were close anyways
Old 08-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #3
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

The contract negotiations are badass for sure.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HechticSooner
anyone get a player that won't sign for something decent yet, but at the same time won't walk away until the time runs out. I had a signing where I was literally down to 2 clicks left with it being on my side. The guy was a first round pick that we were down to two deals one with a huge signing bonus, one with a slightly less huge signing bonus, and we just kept bouncing back and forth. I didn't know what would happen if I didn't sign him in the "first round of contract negotiations" so I signed him to his deal.

So has anyone let the first round go by and seen if you go back to the table or not?

Just wondering if it is possible.

BTW the signings are bad ***, whatever dev gets credit for that is a champ!
Yeah, I had that happen with my first round pick, sort of. I was trying to negotiate him down, and ran out of time. He went away for about a week, then came back and signed. It was actually kinda nice, because in between the first negotiation and that one, my "new season goals" popped up, and one of them involved signing my first-round draft pick! So I got a nice approval boost out of the whole thing, and saved some money in the process.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I had a contract negociation breakdown with a FA (Crumpler) I win the bid and went cheap on him; I offered him the worst package LOL he says something like ''Are you kidding me ???'' and leaves right there !!!! I tought now a big deal, he will come back... NOT, he signs with another team...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 01:25 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

The first thing to know about contract negotiations is that whatever the player wants is almost always too high. I usually can negotiate down the price with players thanks to my GM, but one time I had this 5th round WR who though he was worth 1.23 Mil. I eventually had to give it to him because that is all he would take, even in our third negotiation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »