Home

How's Your Career Doing?

This is a discussion on How's Your Career Doing? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: How's Your Career Doing?

I know I'm probably screwing up in the FA period. I'm the Panthers and so far we've signed Albert Haynesworth (from my home town), Isaac Bruce, Asanta Samuel, Ken Hamlin and Stacy Andrews.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 10

Did one with the Redskins playing as a made up coach, I went thru the draft over and got all 4 rd and further back players, traded for more picks in later years, moving up sucks only if u need some1 who seems great, I found some nice talent tho, as everyone I drafted stayed on the team for the whole year, my Best a 5'11 receiver who had a 95 Potential, and 80 overall, compares to Anquan Boldin

Went 8-8 and decided to keep all my staff, Still in the playoffs, so I don't know what I'm gonna draft, Like real life my whole defensive side of the ball is injury plagued, and Clinton Portis is usually in bad health, Which is kinda bad, he only was knicked up 1 year, Only big signing was of Marion Barber in Free Agency n the beginning, and traded away LaDell Betts who was crying about Playing Time
Old 08-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

- Made a coach and took over the Bears.
- I got rid of Grossman and Benson.
- The Browns offered me Ken Dorsey who was a 76 in my system(better than Grossman and Orton) so I traded.
- got Briggs and Berrian back.
- Signed Micheal Turner
- Drafted Avery, a lineman(i forget name, 2nd round, only o.k.), Forte, Bennent(spelled right?), Booty, etc.
- Dorsey went from a 76(79 pot.) to an 85 overall QB for some reason early in season
- Reg. season record, 11-5
Losses: Colts, Lions, Jags, Texans (last week, 2nd string), and one more I forgot
- Lose to Buccaneers in conference championship (Colts win SB)
Old 08-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2k2ndc
Did one with the Redskins playing as a made up coach, I went thru the draft over and got all 4 rd and further back players, traded for more picks in later years, moving up sucks only if u need some1 who seems great, I found some nice talent tho, as everyone I drafted stayed on the team for the whole year, my Best a 5'11 receiver who had a 95 Potential, and 80 overall, compares to Anquan Boldin

Went 8-8 and decided to keep all my staff, Still in the playoffs, so I don't know what I'm gonna draft, Like real life my whole defensive side of the ball is injury plagued, and Clinton Portis is usually in bad health, Which is kinda bad, he only was knicked up 1 year, Only big signing was of Marion Barber in Free Agency n the beginning, and traded away LaDell Betts who was crying about Playing Time
that sounds like a great career you got going there man
Old 08-15-2008, 11:51 PM   #21
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners44
20+ hours in and I only just finished my 1st regular season game tonight (I actually played out all my preseason games which I never do in Madden, or the NFL games)

I am playing as the Niners (only team I will play) and I managed to trade for Brady Quinn and Anquan Bolden. Also signed Lance Briggs and Nnamdi Asomugha and drafted SS Kenny Phillips who is already and 86 with a potential of 92. I also drafted WR Limas Sweed in the 2nd round. Overall I have been able to improve the skill level of this team quite a bit, although my lines both still need work. plus I only have a few draft picks left for next year.

I lost my first game 17-15 with Quinn throwing for over 300 yards, but also 3 picks.
What did you have to package to get Boldin?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 12:20 AM   #22
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

Started a new coach with my Atlanta Falcons.

Drafted Matt Ryan with the 3rd pick. I actually had sweaty palms seeing if he would get past the Fins. Also, did some wheeling and dealing, and ended up with SS Kenny Phillips, LT Duane Brown, TE Fred Davis, C Mike Pollack, DT Frank Okam and some late round scrubs.

Also, rebuilt the defense with FS Ken Hamlin, LB Terrell Suggs and resigned LB Mike Boley. Signed Trent Dilfer to backup Ryan (who is a stud in this game), and Turner to anchor the running game (but he's now out 8-10 weeks with shoulder separation).

The Falcons had a ton of cap room to play with.

Im currently 1-1 in the preseason, I beat Jacksonville 21-13 and got thumped by the Colts 28-17.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:25 AM   #23
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Just about to kick of my career for real.

Gonna run the Chargers for my first shot. Still deciding whether to go pre-draft or post-draft. Will have a thread in the dynasty forum this weekend for it.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:43 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversIsMyHero
Just lost my first game with the Bears 55-7 to the Colts. Orton had a .8 rating with 3 picks. Wasn't pretty. Manning ate up my cover 2 even though most of my defensive plays were mastered. Back to the drawing board.
peyton manning killed me too. i lost that game like 42-20. the next game i loss was to tampa. their secondary killed my offense. leftwich threw 3 picks in the first half. i benched him and orton also came in and threw 3 picks.. im gonna finish up the season to get a pretty good feel for the game. im gonna restart due to the injury bug.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »