Home

How's Your Career Doing?

This is a discussion on How's Your Career Doing? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #33

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: How's Your Career Doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
It seems like everyone's first move as Head Coach is to blow your cash and sign every huge FA possible. I signed Suggs as the 49ers need a legit pass rushing threat and I signed Ben Noll to help at guard but other then that everyone else was for depth. I signed Bruce to a one year deal, Ty Law to a 1 year deal for some CB depth. After I was satisfied with what I had done and not willing to kill my cap before the draft I went and drafted.

I traded up to get Branden Albert. My line is set for years to come with Staley, Albert, Heitmann and Noll. I needed a TE because Vernon Davis' rating in Martz's system is awful he's like a 65. Sadly Keller turned out to be around the same. Dre Woodson came to me in the 3rd round and I'm sure he'll start for me at some point. I also drafted Mike Hart later in the rounds and I've got a feeling he's going to be a decent backup.
Weird you say that because Vernon Davis is near an 80 in Martz' system on my game and through the firsdt 2 regular season games he is averaging 143 yards and 1 TD per game, he is an absolute stud. Isaac Bruce on the other hand hasnt even played since he has been injured ever since the first preseason game, Takeo Spikes is set to return in week 3 against Detroit after already being injured 3 straight times through the preseason, his future with the team looks rather bleak, same with Bruce whose rating has already declined to the point where Bryant Johnson is now my #1 receiver and Bruce is barely holding off Battle for that #2 spot.

Im currently 2-0, Gore is running like absolute ****, Alex Smith has flashes of brilliance but then makes bone headed plays when we need them the least. The only moves Ive made was to sign LeCharles Bentley to backup Heitman at C, Gary Brackett to anchor the middle of the 3-4 along side Willis and I traded for DT Jolly in Green Bay because my owner put it as a goal in the preseason, other then that I havent done anything else. I did switch Balmer, the RC DT to LE and he went to an 80 there so Im going to see how he performs since Sapoaga is way to slow to rush from the end and Balmer is way too undersized to play NT in the 3-4 scheme. I had thought of trying to get a plug like Sam Adams to throw in there at NT but I refuse to trade with divisional rivals and he is on Arizona so there goes that idea.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I am doing my preactice with the Ravens. I overspent on Albert Haynesworth, which was bad. Traded away a second round pick for Mike McKinzie, cut Somari Rolle (cap reasons). Have 4 guys compeating for the QB job. Boller, Smith, Andre Woodson, and Josh McKown (sp). I was able to get Felix Jones, and Tashard Choice in the draft. Although Felix Jones is a bust because his potential is an 83. I've got a few diamonds in the rough inncluding WR Dexter Jackson from App. St. I'm 0-2 in the preseason, but my approval rating is a 90. I'm gonna start my real one soon with the Redskins but I just wanted to get a feel for everythingthere is to do. I franchised Suggs thinking that I would get to negotate with him but I didn't so he counted 8+ mil against that cap, and then the Haynesworth deal left me with under a mil in cap room. Lesson learned. I am really enjoying this game. Can't wait to start one for real.
Shefter rants and raves about Felix Jones and yet he is only a 83 potential. That really ticked me off when I drafted him. I have played several careers doing the offseason, the draft and then stopping. There really needs to be a strategy guide for this its so deep I feel like I am messing up big time all the time just because I don't know what to do. I don't know if I want to spend another $20 on the Prima guide.

And I hate getting approval knocked down when you don't take the suggested pick. I'm the Colts and NO I'm not taking Andre Woodson in the 2nd round. I know he has high potential and UK is even my favorite college team, but thats a dumb waste of a pick.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:02 PM   #35
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Do you guys ever notice a change in the Progression page from the Roster part of the clipboard? I have yet to see any changes in there such as a +1 or anything like that. Its hard to remember all my players overalls, so I am not sure if they are advancing or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #36

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Do you guys ever notice a change in the Progression page from the Roster part of the clipboard? I have yet to see any changes in there such as a +1 or anything like that. Its hard to remember all my players overalls, so I am not sure if they are advancing or not.
Not in progression but I have seen it just when looking at the roster screen. Frank Gore is down to an 85 and I believe he was an 88, Isaac Bruce was my best receiver and is now barely my second best receiver, Barry Sims wasnt quite as good at LT as Jordan Black but after the preseason he had surpassed him and taken his starting job back, Heitman lost his starting job to LeCharles Bentley for about 2 weeks before he took it back with a ratings increase, so as you can see I have seen quite a few and these are just the ones I can remember right now.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
I know values have changed, at least overall, but I have not seen anything on the screen to show me the change. I was planning on writing down some values to verify if they were changing. Some sort of feedback on the screen (+1, -1, etc.) would be nice. As it stands the progression screen is useless.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #38
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

Thanks guys, I was wondering what was up with the progression screen because at this point it's no different than view roster or anything like that. This game is so addicting . BTW 2-0 right now with the Skins. First game I couldn't run at all on the Giants, but in the second game Portis had 15 carries for 122.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #39

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Thanks guys, I was wondering what was up with the progression screen because at this point it's no different than view roster or anything like that. This game is so addicting . BTW 2-0 right now with the Skins. First game I couldn't run at all on the Giants, but in the second game Portis had 15 carries for 122.
If you dont mind me asking, what sliders are you using or are you still at default?
Old 08-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #40
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
If you dont mind me asking, what sliders are you using or are you still at default?
Everything is default except..
QBAcc for both teams is at 35
WRCat for both teams is at 45
FGPow for both teams is at 75

In my first game I had a backup LG that doesn't know my playbook at all. I am thinking that might have had something to do with it. In the second game I had my starter back and ran much more effectively. Also in my gameplanning before the Saints game I chose to focus on run blocking. Plus it should be taken into account that the Saints defense is awful (though Betts still sucked on his 8 carries).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »