Home

How's Your Career Doing?

This is a discussion on How's Your Career Doing? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 02:25 AM   #49
Rookie

ak1knight's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How's Your Career Doing?

I created a coach and chose the Chargers, I signed Albert Haynesworth in FA and traded up to the 11th pick to snag McFadden who surprisingly fell way down there (He has a higher ovr than LT in my spread btw) Then I got another steal when I picked up Andre Woodson in the 5th and he's now my starting QB (91 ovr 95 potential, again because of my spread) I also signed R. Grice-Mullen from the undrafted free agents and he has 85 potential but is only 65 ovr. I went 3-1 in preseason and I'm now 4-0 in the regular season and I promised my GM a Super Bowl win so I hope I can keep it up (and get a little lucky )
Old 08-17-2008, 02:41 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just finished my fourth season with the Ravens, went 14-2 and won the Superbowl. It took a lot of work, but it's easier because the Ravens have such an excellent GM. He's so good now he automatically unlocks 33% scouting on every player. I'm going to try to repeat this year, but whether I do or not, I'm going to move on to another team with a worse GM and see wether I can rebuild them as well.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:01 AM   #51

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
I'm in the regular season now and after beating the Broncos and Chiefs I'm 2-0 and my approval went from 52 to 90

I've been carried to those wins by my defense and my specials teams, with a few huge runs mixed in. My passing game isn't anything special and my running game is hit or miss; but when it hits McFadden or Fargas can break off looong TD runs.

I put McFadden on kick returns and he returned a game clinching TD against the Chiefs; this dude is a flat out playmaker (and to think I wanted the Raiders to draft Dorsey).

My DB's are locking down the opposing WR's, my LB's are flying all over the place, and I have a nice rotation of guys on the line so they're usually fresh.

If I get can a passing attack going I just might fulfill the promise that I made to my owner and finish above .500 for the year (maybe even make the playoffs).
These are the posts that I love to read. Out of curiosity, how good is your OC and your QB Coach? What sliders are you using, if any? Im starting to think that the coaches play too big of a role in this game because Mike Martz shouldnt suddenly turn Alex Smith into a Pro Bowl QB throwing over 325 per game, but Smith cant be stopped unless he stops himself. Its my last and only guess at why I can throw for 325+ per game with garbage like Smith while others cant with similar QB's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 08:32 AM   #52
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucksfan47
Saw someone mention that they drafted Andre Woodson and Dexter Jackson, we think on the same wavelength. I picked both of em, Dexter Jackson in round 2 as a speed WR and good return man, and then Woodson as a backup QB, but then Schefter was saying I just drafted my QB of the future, and his potential was like 91, so I got a nice sleeper.

Yeah for whatever reason the game loves Andre Woodson. He is a good QB in the game. Like I said he is in a battle to be the starting QB in Baltimore. I love Dexter Jackson. I had him scouted 100% and everything about him I really likes. He is the number 3 WR and has 5 TD's in two pre-season games. He has a return that would've been 91 yards but there was a holding call. This game is so much fun.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #53
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Interesting, Im starting to think that everything is based on your coaches and their specific abilities. The Niners coaches are terrible, let me show you a run down and you can see what Im talking about...

Me (HC) 16 Overall
Mike Martz (OC) 85 Overall
Greg Manusky (DC) 23 Overall
Al Everest (STC) 35 Overall
Ted Tollner (QBC) 42 Overall
Tony Nathan (RBC) 27 Overall
Jerry Sullivan (WRC) 57 Overall
George Warhop (OLC) 20 Overall
Mike Singletary (LBC) 99 Overall *Future DC hopefully*
Johnnie Lynn (DBC) 42 Overall
Jim Tonsula (DLC) 16 Overall
Josh McClout (GM) 35 Overall
Cory Wright (Trainer) 23 Overall

As you can clearly see, my entire coaching staff minus Singletary and Martz is awful so Im thinking thats why my team is so damn bad. What sucks is if I simulate then I get better stats for some reason. Offseason cant get here soon enough so I can fire half those guys if not more.

On a side note, Im 4-0 with the Niners, this game is far too easy at times on the offensive side of the ball.
That's a terrible combination of Running back coach and Oline coach. Just to let you know, my last game with the sliders I told you about... Kurt Warner was 15/31 for 159 and 3 INT against me. One thing I am really starting to get annoyed with is I have 6 defensive tds in 3 games. I'm scared it's like Madden where almost every turnover turns into a td.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #54
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
These are the posts that I love to read. Out of curiosity, how good is your OC and your QB Coach? What sliders are you using, if any? Im starting to think that the coaches play too big of a role in this game because Mike Martz shouldnt suddenly turn Alex Smith into a Pro Bowl QB throwing over 325 per game, but Smith cant be stopped unless he stops himself. Its my last and only guess at why I can throw for 325+ per game with garbage like Smith while others cant with similar QB's.
I actually think it is cool that Martz can get Smith on the right track. I agree with you though that the results shouldn't be instant. Does Smith even know all of the playboook since it's new? I am guessing he has a very high learning grade though since he's supposed to be quite intelligent.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 25
Cool Re: How's Your Career Doing?

the fun of this game is picking your team (specially when they're bad) and instilling your system/philosophies on it with your coach

my initial coach build: forgot exactly how the rest of the distribution went but it was imperative for me to get INNOVATOR right off the bat which I did

NYJets and I am in week 5 of the regular season and as it stands I'm at like
-Full Innovator (yes!)
-4 of Playcalling
-3 of Performance
-Phillips' 3-4 (new system)
-Payton Spread Attack (new system)

future pickups: up to LEADERSHIP (25000 points right there, ouch)

anyhows my Training Camp invites were surprisingly amazing.. like i had like 5 invitee with at least 80 potential so i was VERY pleased and it helped fill in gaps where i was struggling in such as RT and RG and a surprise HB who was a special teams' superstar, literally like having Reggie Bush strictly for returning kicks/punts

Preseason was rough.. because i renovated my offense and defense schemes my team had to re-learn everything and it showed.. I was 1-3 but since the start of the regular season, things are picking up..

I am 3-1 with my only loss being to the Patriots.. so I'm happy at everyone's output.. hoping to make the playoffs with this fast start but i can tell right away i gotta manage the health/fatigue levels of my players.. don't want to wear them down come November
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 12:38 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 10

I also enjoy reading these.....because it comes down to everyone's coaching ability and not how someone does with a stick.

I wish they would sticky this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »