Home

Wondering if anyone else is having this problem...

This is a discussion on Wondering if anyone else is having this problem... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Wondering if anyone else is having this problem...

This is something I had noticed since I have played every madden game since they came out. Now Iw ould say from madden 04-present there has always been a problem with the DL getting past the OL. Rarely in a played game would you have your DL put pressure on the CPU QB unless you were sending LB's from everywhere and even then the CPU had some crazy good passblocking. I've seen far too many times playing against sub-par teams there QB has like 20 min to have coffee and wave to the fans then complete a pass. (this is not a oh this game sucks thread, it's more of a madden engine problem that has been in the game since forever)

Since to me it looks like the sim graphic engine is around madden 06-07ish same thing occurs. I have a pretty solid DL I have Cambell and Gholston as my ends and Dockett and hanesworth as my DT. I have Boley, Suggs at OLB and Smith as my MLB. So my front 7 is not bad and has some talent there. While Gholston and Cambell are rookies they are above avg pass rushers. Suggs and Boley on the outside are pursuit machines! First season I played threw (with arizona blitz happy defense) my DL had managed a wopping 3 sacks in 16 game. Reloaded the game up did another 16 games this time 2 sacks in 16 games. 3rd time I played threw 16 games putting the cpu pass block down to 0 I got 3 sacks by the DL. My LB's had no problem getting sacks it was the DL never got penetration. I played one game vs the Dolphins and there RT was a 60 overall (god awful) Gholston was on the floor 3/4 of the game never able to get past him. Also the 90+ speed acl cambell never got around the LT once.

So I want to know if others out there are find that their DL is not getting threw to the QB (and I know people create tons of D plays moving DL around to get sacks, but i haven't got the patience to make 65 new Defensive plays) Also if you have noticed in some games where the CPU team looks like it is playing in super speed while your players are moving like they have lead in there you know what. (btw my teams has learne dup the playbook quite well so i know that's not the problem.)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »