Home

Training camp invitees question

This is a discussion on Training camp invitees question within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Training camp invitees question

First off, I want to say that this is an awesome site, with a bunch of great info and insight. I've been reading through posts for a few days now and have had a great deal of my questions answered without having to ask. That being said, I was wondering something that I wasn't able to see in any threads.

This may be something very simple that I've missed, so excuse the question if it is. But I was wondering, when I get that influx of training camp invitees, the first round of player cuts comes before my first preseason game. I have hardly any (if any at all) scouting info on ANY of those invites, or of some of my lower round draft picks. Let me start off by saying that I've started my career in the preseason, not at the draft. But I feel like I can't make an informed decision when that first round of cuts comes up, and my GM always wants to cut the camp invites. My question is: Is there something I'm missing? I will admit, I haven't had the time to play this game as much as I would like (being married has dampened my gaming time), it it something as simple as looking at player profiles? It just seems that I get wrapped up in contract negotiations and the like, and that first round of cuts sneaks up on me, and I feel so unprepared. Is there a way to scout these guys in the preseason, am I missing something really easy? Should I run more of one type of practice than another to reveal some of those ratings?

Just also like to add that even though I haven't played as much as I'd like to so far, I can't wait for this weekend to really get into this game! Thanks in advance for any insight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Training camp invitees question

There really isn't any way to make a really informed decision on your first couple sets of cuts. If they are not your top draft picks you probably haven't unlocked much info about them. Although, there are a few stats you can look at.

First, learning grade, if this is unlocked and it is high, it is safe to keep the player around for awhile, unless his durability is way too low.

If you cannot see the learning grade go with a combination of Athletics, Size, and Durability, as I think these are the default unlocks, meaning you can still look at these stats for your unscouted/camp invites.

Above all though go with your needs first in the first couple of cuts since there isn't much info.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Training camp invitees question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablueduck
There really isn't any way to make a really informed decision on your first couple sets of cuts. If they are not your top draft picks you probably haven't unlocked much info about them. Although, there are a few stats you can look at.

First, learning grade, if this is unlocked and it is high, it is safe to keep the player around for awhile, unless his durability is way too low.

If you cannot see the learning grade go with a combination of Athletics, Size, and Durability, as I think these are the default unlocks, meaning you can still look at these stats for your unscouted/camp invites.

Above all though go with your needs first in the first couple of cuts since there isn't much info.
Thanks man, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, didn't know if there was a way to scout players in training camp. I will take a look at my invitees tonight when I get home. I think I'm going to have to pull out the old pen and paper to start taking notes while I play

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »