Home

Missing Player Bug

This is a discussion on Missing Player Bug within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Missing Player Bug

I noted earlier that Cowboys K Nick Folk is missing from my career that I started in the offseason. I ended up signing Bironas in FA because of it.

Last nite I completed the draft. I picked Felix Jones with the 22nd pick and Devin Thomas with the 28th pick. When I go to rookie negotiation, it went straight to my 2nd first rounder, Devin Thomas. It totally skipped Felix Jones. I went to check my roster after I signed everyone else and Jones was nowhere on my roster!

Luckily, I saved right after the draft so I quit and loaded my file and went to rookie negotiation and Felix Jones was there for me to sign. WHAT GIVES?

My advice, save early and often!

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Missing Player Bug

I believe the developers said which rookies come first to sign is always random. You might get your first rounder you might get your 3rd rounder but you get about one every week.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
I believe the developers said which rookies come first to sign is always random. You might get your first rounder you might get your 3rd rounder but you get about one every week.
I can believe that. I still thought it was odd though since all the other players came right after each other. I shouldve paid attention to what day it was. I still need an explanation for Nick Folk though. Damn sure didn't want to spend FA money on a kicker!

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 08-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
I can believe that. I still thought it was odd though since all the other players came right after each other. I shouldve paid attention to what day it was. I still need an explanation for Nick Folk though. Damn sure didn't want to spend FA money on a kicker!
I don't know about Nick Folk, but I can confirm the "random" order of draft pick signings. As the Dolphins, I didn't get to talk to Jake Long until I had already signed all my other picks...I had the same concern as you too and thought I'd have to start over. Again though, I don't really know what's up with the Nick Folk thing...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »