Home

Goofy Roster Moves

This is a discussion on Goofy Roster Moves within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Goofy Roster Moves

The Computer seems to make some really odd choices in roster moves.

For example, my TE3 slot was open.... TE1 goes down, so TE2 is in... well I call a goaline play with 2 TE, instead of putting in a receiver at that slot, or a RB, or even a lineman, the computer inserts my 2nd QB! What the heck?

TE1 =89, TE2 75, WR1 playing TE =74 WR2 = 72, WR3 = 71, RB1 = 71, RB2 = 70 and so on and so one, my QB is ranked at 31 for a TE, and that's who the computer puts in.... I understand i need to do my depth chart, but shouldn't there be a way to ensure that the computer doesn't make stupid choices if there's an opening.

I think that should be the same for KOS and KR, PR. QB's should NOT be on those teams. In fact, I put in my 2nd team at the end of the game and QB1 was a LINEMAN for a Field Goal?!?!?!?

EDIT: Even after filling in all my depth chart during the game, when I again played a goaline spot, again my TE2 was filled by my QB... despite having it filled in the depth chart to TE4. I have 7 receivers on my team, and yet my QB is the ONLY one who plays TE2 on goaline when TE1 is hurt.

Last edited by linthead4504; 08-16-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
Banned

PacoBJuarez's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Goofy Roster Moves

Wow, that's really odd. I manually do all of my substitutions during the pre-season right now, giving my young guys more playing time. Thanks for the post, now I'll definitely be doing substitutions manually myself at all times. I probably just would have clicked the "Sub 2nd Team" option during the regular season if we were up big. Not now...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »