Home

Sliders: Give them a try if you want

This is a discussion on Sliders: Give them a try if you want within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 10:43 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Sliders: Give them a try if you want

It's your Oline most likely bro. I have my sliders at default except for fg power at 65. Rest are 50.

I have pretty realistic RB, QB, and WR stats. When playing the Giants as my Cowboys coach, Barber was held to 28 carries and 65 yards (which is very realistic) against that Giant D.

However playing against SF, he was able to get 21 carries for 134 yards. Again realistic. Working on O-line, RB's, Improving RBC and OC skills helps ALOT. It also depends on what defense you are playing and WHERE you are playing. During the SF game I was playing in Dallas, against Giants I was playing in NY.

Makes a huge difference. Also I haven't messed with INT sliders, and Roy Williams is getting an INT about every other game or so, against Alex Smith ..he got 2 INT's at DEFAULT SLIDERS.

Essentially it's not Gore thats doing bad, it's your Oline ...your gameplan, your playbook, and your coaches.

Edit: Wait you say passing stats are ridiculous?

Alex Smith: 27/33, 293, 2 TD, 1 INT = realistic ...saints secondary blows man

Drew Brees: 20/32, 351, 1 TD, 2 INT = realistic as well for Brees....2 INT's....49ers intercepted me once in my last game with them. LOL.

Last edited by joejccva; 08-16-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #10
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
I dont know then, there must be such a big of amount of differences possible because I cant run for **** on anything lower then 100 for both Ability and Blocking. I dont know if its my O-Line, if its the stupidity of Gore running into tacklers instead of running through the holes when they are open, if its the playbook knowledge, Gore not knowing all of the plays etc, Im clueless at this point. Im starting to think Madden might be more the game for me, watching some of the on field antics in this one is driving me nuts. For example, with 3:35 left in the game against the Saints, Gore has 27 yards on 16 carries, 15 of which came on one play so he has 12 yards on 15 carries otherwise. I just dont get it anymore, you are getting great running results, others are with lower settings and I cant get a damn thing going on the ground unless I max those two sliders out that I mentioned. Last question, are you playing with a created coach or did you just stick with the guy there already, whose name escapes me for some reason? Mike Tomlin? Its the only thing I can think of at this point.

EDIT- I should point out that yet again the passing stats are ridiculous. Alex Smith is 27/33 for 293 2-1 TD-INT, Drew Brees is 20/32 for 351 1-2 TD-INT. As you can see, the passing games are too easy, the rushing games are obsolete and my frusteration is at an all time high.
Yes, I'm playing with default coach of Tomlin. I'll be honest, I'm getting pretty darn good rushing results so I'm actually pretty pleased with that part of the game. It seems you have always been playing with SF/Gore, have you tried another team? Is it possible the ratings given to Gore plus other SF team ratings might be causing the issue. I guess you never know, maybe Gore is headed for a tough 2008 season and this is just vision of it

As for passing, yeah I don't know if that will ever be perfect. I'm not seeing a ton of 70+% games, but I still do see them occassionally. It seems all of EA footballball games this year has the robo QB for some reason and even the sliders can't 100% fix it.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #11
Rookie

I have the same problem. Passing is too easy and running is way to hard. I was using the Saints and had an all 85+ overall O-Line. Reggie Bush was my primary back, so that migght be part of it, but he would have games where he would go 15 carries for 22 yards. Even when I switched my philosophy to Speed RB whitch makes Reggie Bush a 90, I still got awful results. I also tried lowering WR catch and saw a lot of drops, but I only tested it for one game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 10:56 PM   #12

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva
It's your Oline most likely bro. I have my sliders at default except for fg power at 65. Rest are 50.

I have pretty realistic RB, QB, and WR stats. When playing the Giants as my Cowboys coach, Barber was held to 28 carries and 65 yards (which is very realistic) against that Giant D.

However playing against SF, he was able to get 21 carries for 134 yards. Again realistic. Working on O-line, RB's, Improving RBC and OC skills helps ALOT. It also depends on what defense you are playing and WHERE you are playing. During the SF game I was playing in Dallas, against Giants I was playing in NY.

Makes a huge difference. Also I haven't messed with INT sliders, and Roy Williams is getting an INT about every other game or so, against Alex Smith ..he got 2 INT's at DEFAULT SLIDERS.

Essentially it's not Gore thats doing bad, it's your Oline ...your gameplan, your playbook, and your coaches.
I will look into that, my O-Line isnt the greatest and my coaches are piss poor but they are the same guys that were there last year when Gore averaged 4.0+ per carry in real life, with the addition of Mike Martz as OC I dont see how he could suddenly turn to complete **** overnight. Im just frusterated because I will go out there and watch Alex Smith play like Joe Montana in his prime and then Gore will play like he shouldnt even be in the NFL. Ive actually had weeks where I did nothing but focus everything on the running game and still havent seen any positive results from it.

Unfortunatly this game is just too easy, Im 4-0 with the Niners so its clear that I can win but Im winning by throwing all over the field because I cant run. I just beat New Orleans 32-38 thanks to Alex Smith and his 422 yards passing, thanks in large part to Gore's 27 yards rushing, just completely lopsided stats so far. The offseason cant get here soon enough so I can fire some of these guys and actually bring in some coaches worth something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
Yes, I'm playing with default coach of Tomlin. I'll be honest, I'm getting pretty darn good rushing results so I'm actually pretty pleased with that part of the game. It seems you have always been playing with SF/Gore, have you tried another team? Is it possible the ratings given to Gore plus other SF team ratings might be causing the issue. I guess you never know, maybe Gore is headed for a tough 2008 season and this is just vision of it

As for passing, yeah I don't know if that will ever be perfect. I'm not seeing a ton of 70+% games, but I still do see them occassionally. It seems all of EA footballball games this year has the robo QB for some reason and even the sliders can't 100% fix it.
Thanks for the feedback, Im just going to go with the sliders you have and be done with it. Drew Brees went 20/34 so the percentages were down but he did rack up 351 yards thanks to every RB being injured, McAllister, Bush, Stecker and Thomas so they were forced to run Karney so they basically passed the entire game. Thanks to anyone who gave me advice.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:58 PM   #13

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmode
I have the same problem. Passing is too easy and running is way to hard. I was using the Saints and had an all 85+ overall O-Line. Reggie Bush was my primary back, so that migght be part of it, but he would have games where he would go 15 carries for 22 yards. Even when I switched my philosophy to Speed RB whitch makes Reggie Bush a 90, I still got awful results. I also tried lowering WR catch and saw a lot of drops, but I only tested it for one game.
The funny thing is, in my last game against the Saints, there was a gigantic hole for Gore to run through, and for some reason he literally turned around and ran backwards from the line of scrimmage and lost 8 yards on the play, I mean, seriously? Who the hell runs backwards 8 yards to avoid the open hole in front of them? I get all the stuff about this being text based and the on field gameplay is more about the final result instead of how they got that result but for the love of God, can they possibly fix it so the players arent playing like blind women out there? LOL
Old 08-17-2008, 12:53 AM   #14
Banned

Yea ..Marion Barber on my Cowboys does that alot, but the funny thing is. In my last game against the Seahawks, he fumbled 3 times and on his 3rd fumble..I reacted emotionally and got a +1 from him. I might start playing Felix Jones but he had a good game as far as yardage. Here are my stats for this last game:

Dallas 25 - Seattle 0

Dallas Passing
T. Romo: 17-24, 273, 2 TD

Dallas Rushing
M. Barber: 36-171, 0 TD, 3 FUMBLE

Dallas Receiving
T. Owens: 6-116, TD
C. Henry: 3-40
P. Crayton: 3-45, TD
M. Barber: 2-31
D. Anderson: 1-7
J. Witten: 1-19
S. Hurd: 1-15

Dallas Defense/ST
K. Hamlin: INT, 3 DEFL, FF

N. Folk: 4/4 FG, 38 Long

Seattle Passing
M. Hasselbeck: 14-34, 232, INT

Seattle Rushing
J. Jones: 14-49, FUMBLE
M. Morris: 1-9, FUMBLE

Seattle Receiving
C. Taylor: 7-146
D. Branch: 5-74
J. Carlson: 1-8
B. Engram: 1-4

Overall it was a pretty realistic game. Total play count including FG's, Kickoffs, and Punts = 128.

There were 3 penalties on my team, and 2 on their team for the game.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:06 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
I thought I would post the sliders I have been using which seem to result in some very good stats and games. Of course, it could be due to my play style and teams I manage, but thought I would post in case someone would find useful. These are the things I'm seeing with them:

- QB Comp %, 50-70%
- RB YPC, 3-4.5
- Avg about 2 fumbles per game (combined)
- Avg about 2-3 ints per game (combined)

Sliders are the same both both CPU and Human.

QBA-0
PB-0
WR-0
RBA-70
RBK-70

Def Aware - 100
INT-100
Knockdown-100
Break Tackles -50
Tackling -50

I haven't messed much with special teams since seems to work well for me. I may lower kickoff length and fg accuracy a bit in my next round of testing.

I would be interested to hear if these work for anybody else.
Thanks I will try them out.
I am using 15 Kickoff length
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 02:28 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
I dont know then, there must be such a big of amount of differences possible because I cant run for **** on anything lower then 100 for both Ability and Blocking. I dont know if its my O-Line, if its the stupidity of Gore running into tacklers instead of running through the holes when they are open, if its the playbook knowledge, Gore not knowing all of the plays etc, Im clueless at this point. Im starting to think Madden might be more the game for me, watching some of the on field antics in this one is driving me nuts. For example, with 3:35 left in the game against the Saints, Gore has 27 yards on 16 carries, 15 of which came on one play so he has 12 yards on 15 carries otherwise. I just dont get it anymore, you are getting great running results, others are with lower settings and I cant get a damn thing going on the ground unless I max those two sliders out that I mentioned. Last question, are you playing with a created coach or did you just stick with the guy there already, whose name escapes me for some reason? Mike Tomlin? Its the only thing I can think of at this point.

EDIT- I should point out that yet again the passing stats are ridiculous. Alex Smith is 27/33 for 293 2-1 TD-INT, Drew Brees is 20/32 for 351 1-2 TD-INT. As you can see, the passing games are too easy, the rushing games are obsolete and my frusteration is at an all time high.
If the sliders would really work I could make a masterpiece with this game. Maybe someone could talk to the devs here on OS to maybe patch it, if the could idunno.
My sliders is close to slybelle's with defense all maxed at 100 and rb ability and run blk maxed at 100 with the rest of off. at 0. What would be the icing on the cake with this game is if we had a complete slider set(that would actually work) ala NBA2k8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »