Home

Sliders: Give them a try if you want

This is a discussion on Sliders: Give them a try if you want within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 02:34 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Sliders: Give them a try if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva
Yea ..Marion Barber on my Cowboys does that alot, but the funny thing is. In my last game against the Seahawks, he fumbled 3 times and on his 3rd fumble..I reacted emotionally and got a +1 from him. I might start playing Felix Jones but he had a good game as far as yardage. Here are my stats for this last game:

Dallas 25 - Seattle 0

Dallas Passing
T. Romo: 17-24, 273, 2 TD

Dallas Rushing
M. Barber: 36-171, 0 TD, 3 FUMBLE

Dallas Receiving
T. Owens: 6-116, TD
C. Henry: 3-40
P. Crayton: 3-45, TD
M. Barber: 2-31
D. Anderson: 1-7
J. Witten: 1-19
S. Hurd: 1-15

Dallas Defense/ST
K. Hamlin: INT, 3 DEFL, FF

N. Folk: 4/4 FG, 38 Long

Seattle Passing
M. Hasselbeck: 14-34, 232, INT

Seattle Rushing
J. Jones: 14-49, FUMBLE
M. Morris: 1-9, FUMBLE

Seattle Receiving
C. Taylor: 7-146
D. Branch: 5-74
J. Carlson: 1-8
B. Engram: 1-4

Overall it was a pretty realistic game. Total play count including FG's, Kickoffs, and Punts = 128.

There were 3 penalties on my team, and 2 on their team for the game.
Was Marion's tongue hanging out? I heard of pounding the rock but Jeez coach your running that man like a dog.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:13 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
Was Marion's tongue hanging out? I heard of pounding the rock but Jeez coach your running that man like a dog.
Could be why he's fumbling so much.

I try to mix it up based on the situation, and also to throw off defenses. I would sometimes run on 3rd and 5 and 3rd and 7, and defenses would be expecting pass...heheh..it's great for nice gains...oh and 1st downs.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:58 AM   #19

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Yeah, Im going back to basically default everything except for FG Power, I dont think some of the sliders do much of anything and I would rather get an accuracte represetation of how ****ty my coaching staff is and get beaten on then where I am now at 4-0 and dominating with the pass. Im seriously addicted to the front office portion of the game, always tinkering with it, its the results that Im getting on the field that are irritating me to no end. My passing game is far too good, Gore cant run, CPU cant run and Ive been playing with 100 at basically everything except QB Accuracy, WR Catch and Pass Block. Ohh well, at this point Im just going to accept the game for what it is, a different take on the same disgusting engine from Madden with a much more detailed and polished front office/franchise mode to it.

I posted earlier about the team stats being completely wrong and nobody even took notice so apparently Im the only one it bothers. When Im looking at team stats and it says the Raiders have given up 800+ yards just on the ground in 3 games, there is something wrong. Turned out they were doubling what they had really given up so everyone's defense looked terrible because of it, but like I said, apparently Im the only one that either noticed or cares about it.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:11 AM   #20
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
Thanks I will try them out.
I am using 15 Kickoff length
Thanks. I'm going to try your kickoff length. Right now with 40, both kickers routinely boot it out of th eend zone.

I also may take my running sliders back down to default. I''ll run a few tests and go from there. With them at 65, I'm thinking the RBs are running a little better then they should be. But as for the passing game and the defensive sliders for passing, I'm going to leave at 0 and 100 respectively because the QBs just are so powerful in the game.

Also, I know a lot of people say they have issues with field goals, but to be honest, I have yet to see my kicker or the CPU kicker miss a FG. In my last game, Jeff Reed booted a 54-yarder. I wonder why everyone else is seeing the problem, but I can't.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #21
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

^^^ yea I feel u that's why I decided to jus sim my games even tho im pretty much happy with the sliders I posted, the running game was good( may be that SF's running plays is trash) but I can't stand to see my dolphins QB's passing above 60% with 300 yards a game, they have throw picks and Im not winning every game but they should not have arena football stats! it defeat the purpose of the game for me..I see better stats while simming..... this game definitely needs patching....I haven't notice the team stats being screwed but I did notice something very minor like when u play a game or super sim it non of your starters would get counted for a start VS just simming it regular
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think when testing sliders, you should be pretty much exclusively testing them in career mode. I've had much different results in career mode than in "coach now games". In career mode with revolving free agents and plenty of rookies a lot of defensive players don't know the playbook and you can take advantage of that. I was seeing average YPC of about 3.0 - 3.5 in "coach now", but I've consistently seen 4.0 - 6.0 YPC using jukman's sliders in career mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »