Home

HUGE issue with career mode

This is a discussion on HUGE issue with career mode within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 09:16 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: HUGE issue with career mode

I just check the GM overall skills of DEN and it is 19. I asume his negotiation skills really sucks. My GM has a 78 overall with a level 4 negotiation skills and I don't have any problems with him.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:17 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
What level is your GM's negotiation skills?
It has nothing to do with my GM. I am not the one signing the players to these contracts. CPU controlled teams are signing the players to $8 million per year deals.

It isn't an issue of one GM having a different opinion on a player or the player being a better fit in a different system. When you like at the teams signing them, the contracts are for $8 and $9 million per year. It's not like my GM is suggesting we sign him to an $8 million contract and other teams with a better GM get him for $2 million. As far as I can tell it is a coding issue.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:28 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2daz109
It has nothing to do with my GM. I am not the one signing the players to these contracts. CPU controlled teams are signing the players to $8 million per year deals.

It isn't an issue of one GM having a different opinion on a player or the player being a better fit in a different system. When you like at the teams signing them, the contracts are for $8 and $9 million per year. It's not like my GM is suggesting we sign him to an $8 million contract and other teams with a better GM get him for $2 million. As far as I can tell it is a coding issue.
Do you personally know anyone else that has the game? I haven't seen this issue in mine. During the season and preseason I'll have FAs come to me and ask for way more than they're worth, but I've never seen this during FA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 09:38 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTitan
Do you personally know anyone else that has the game? I haven't seen this issue in mine. During the season and preseason I'll have FAs come to me and ask for way more than they're worth, but I've never seen this during FA.
I've had to negotiate down other FA's as well, but that isn't the issue here. It's one thing if a player demands more than he's worth, it's completely different when CPU teams are giving the money to them. The thing that sticks out to me is that the players were getting normal contracts before I turned the game off. It's after I reloaded my career that I began to see these high amounts being asked for and given to these below average players.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #13
Rookie

Also, it is not possible to sign these FA's for lower amounts, because the minimum bid to put in for these 70 or lower players is $7.2 million for a one year contract, then when you get into contract negotiations, this is the cap hit you must take.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 14

I check on those players that you mention on my 2nd year career mode, and none of them are getting over $1.5 mil
Old 08-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #15
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2daz109
Also, it is not possible to sign these FA's for lower amounts, because the minimum bid to put in for these 70 or lower players is $7.2 million for a one year contract, then when you get into contract negotiations, this is the cap hit you must take.
Once you get into training camp you can sign them for less by going to Free Agents in the Roster section of your clipboard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 10:03 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

I had this bug happen to me too. I started a new career with the Bucs (Monte Kiffin is a friggin god) and loaded up a save with 30ish days left until the draft. Now all of a sudden the scrub FA's were asking for huge deals and the AI was signing them. The bug seems to be triggered after you load a saved game, it's like the computer thinks free agency just started. Here's a screenshot of a mediocre player that got $15 million for 2 years..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »