Home

General Gameplay Questions...

This is a discussion on General Gameplay Questions... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
General Gameplay Questions...

So a few more questions...

1. Is there a way to adjust trade packages, or can I only choose from the ones that pop up?
2. Can i put draft picks on the trade block?
3. Can I delegate play-calling to my coordinators? If so, how?
4. When game-planning, can I only select one task per day? If so, can I assume that other things are being taken care of (e.g. coordinators are teaching the players plays, position coaches are developing their players)?

Last edited by mwjr; 08-17-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18
Re: General Gameplay Questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
So a few more questions...

1. Is there a way to adjust trade packages, or can I only choose from the ones that pop up?
2. Can i put draft picks on the trade block?
3. Can I delegate play-calling to my coordinators? If so, how?
4. When game-planning, can I only select one task per day? If so, can I assume that other things are being taken care of (e.g. coordinators are teaching the players plays, position coaches are developing their players)?
1. You can only choose from what is presented.

2. Yes, during the draft.

3. Yes. Pause the game, choose settings and then choose coach clipboard. Playcalling is an option in there.

4. Yes. Those things happen in practice while they are implementing a gameplan.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
MVP

I've got questions that keep popping up, so instead of starting new threads, I'll list them here. Hopefully, you guys will help.

1. Is it possible to select a season goal from the season goal list and work on it, or do you need to back out of that list and go to the appropriate spot on the clipboard?

2. Can you extend players' contracts mid-season? For example, I just signed Michael Boley to a RFA tender. Now can I sign him to a long-term contract?
Old 08-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #4
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

OVR: 3

Quote:
I've got questions that keep popping up, so instead of starting new threads, I'll list them here. Hopefully, you guys will help.

1. Is it possible to select a season goal from the season goal list and work on it, or do you need to back out of that list and go to the appropriate spot on the clipboard?

2. Can you extend players' contracts mid-season? For example, I just signed Michael Boley to a RFA tender. Now can I sign him to a long-term contract?
1. There are no "quick links" for the goals, so you'll have to explore the Clipboard and check back on your goal progress regularly.

There is more than one way to accomplish most goals, and some goals, like play learning, require repeated attention over the course of a few weeks.

Other goals require a single action, but will not be resolved until much later. For example, the "Draft a Sleeper" goal will not be resolved until you unlock the potential grade for each of you draft picks that year.

2. When a player is in the last year of his contract, he will automatically come up for re-signing starting in September.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

For #2, players will appear on the clipboard when they want to negotiate a contract in the season.

Whoops, dan got it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #6
MVP

So I can't approach a player first. He has to approach me. Is that correct?

And Dan & Josh, as cirtical as I've been of EA in the past, Ultra-Kudos to you guys and the rest of your team for creating an amazing game.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:04 PM   #7
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

OVR: 3

Quote:
So I can't approach a player first. He has to approach me. Is that correct?
It depends. For the trade goals, you can go to the Trade screen immediately. For signing and re-signing goals, you'll have to wait until the player pops up in the Clipboard.

Quote:
And Dan & Josh, as cirtical as I've been of EA in the past, Ultra-Kudos to you guys and the rest of your team for creating an amazing game.
Thanks!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #8
MVP

Two more:

1. In the Gameplan window, are those gameplan options in any particular order?

2. In Season Goals, for example where it says "Success: GM +40," does that mean that 40 points are added to the GM's skill points?

Last edited by mwjr; 08-17-2008 at 03:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »