Home

This is why this game rules......

This is a discussion on This is why this game rules...... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #17
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18
Re: This is why this game rules......

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
Oh cool. Are the results of benching a player tied to personality at all, like the emotional/calm response? Or can I safely assume benching a player is going to piss him off?
It's actually deeper than that. He'll be upset but the other players will also react based on their personalities. They'll appreciate it if they like rules or they'll think it's a bit harsh if they are more self centered.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Interesting. I'll have to take a deeper look at my player's personalities. I am happy that my defense likes emotional responses when bad things happen. That is good because while playing I get pissed when they screw up so I like to pass it along. Had a nice cut scene of my coach yelling at one of the players after I chose an emotional response. I think my blood pressure dropped as my virtual coach's went up.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #19
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Question: In Madden every once in awhile you have a career ending injury (e.g. a few Madden's back my RB broke his neck) so is this also the case for Head Coach? Has anyone seen an injury that severe?
We handle career ending injuries a little differently.

When players receive serious injuries, how long their rehab takes depends on their age, toughness, trainer etc.

Some players can be out 18 months with a very serious injury.

When those players return, they'll lose some career health at that body part and if it gets too low, they'll take that into serious consideration when contemplating retirement.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #20
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
We handle career ending injuries a little differently.

When players receive serious injuries, how long their rehab takes depends on their age, toughness, trainer etc.

Some players can be out 18 months with a very serious injury.

When those players return, they'll lose some career health at that body part and if it gets too low, they'll take that into serious consideration when contemplating retirement.
lol Steve Aikman... er, Troy Young.. er... yeah.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »