Home

"0" Sliders (Claystone)

This is a discussion on "0" Sliders (Claystone) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 09:51 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: "0" Sliders (Claystone)

Can someone else post your stats with these sliders.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 24

one thing i noticed is the inability for the CPU to put up a threat to me on the ground (not with these sliders, just in general). they would never get more than 10-15 carries a game and never more than 50 yards. Usually, they would get 10 carries for 17 yards or something. The Steelers D is good, but not that good, especially when playing against the Chargers, Colts, Pats, and Cowboys.

It wasn't even fun to coach defense. And when I simmed, they never did any better, except their passing attack was usually consisting of 40 attempts a game for 250-300 yards. Even when they were winning, they'd keep passing.

And when scouting reports would come in, every team it seemed passed 60% of the time and ran 30%. With my Steelers I ran the ball A LOT, despite an efficient passing attack. My TOP was always much higher because the CPU passes 90% of the time and can never punish me for just sitting in the dime package. If I blitz out of the 3-4, I almost always get a tackle for loss or a short-yardage gain.

Really kills the fun if defense is super easy and the only defense I need is the Nickel and Dime.

Last edited by tyler289; 08-17-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #43
Banned

I will post my Texans game vs Jags & colts tonight for viewing stats. I finished the Jags game, just need to post stats.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 9

Hopefully tonight I'll have a chance to test these out. I want to try a game with default sliders and then a game with the same teams with 0 stats. Going to just do a play now. Have you tried a side by side comparison like that in play now?
Old 08-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
Hopefully tonight I'll have a chance to test these out. I want to try a game with default sliders and then a game with the same teams with 0 stats. Going to just do a play now. Have you tried a side by side comparison like that in play now?
I actually have when testing. It seems the default causes too many fumbles, also all LB's are fast and DB are stupid. QB comp % is not in par.

On "0" sliders, players seem to play to their ratings and attributes.

When setting sliders, i din't want to give the other side any advantage from each other. So setting RBA at 70 and Tackle at 50, you are giving the offensive side an advantage. It must be on equal ground. So, if i draft a 70 rated RB in the 7th round, he should play like a 70 rated RB, not 80 or 85.

So, when setting everything at "0", you are allowing the players attributes to set the players play style, no more boosting when setting sliders higher. I feel when you put sliders up, you are giving certain players boosts.

Every slider should match. You should not have Run Block & Pass Block at 30 and Break Block at 70. This defeats the purpose and gives a boost to the D-Lineman.

Last edited by claystone; 08-18-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 03:32 PM   #46
Pro

I can see what you are saying, and it makes sense, but some confirmation from the devs on what sliders do would be nice. You would almost assume that 50 is an equal footing, but maybe that is even boost or something so setting to 0 means only attributes matter. Who knows. Or perhaps the sliders are just there as a placebo effect.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:38 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
I can see what you are saying, and it makes sense, but some confirmation from the devs on what sliders do would be nice. You would almost assume that 50 is an equal footing, but maybe that is even boost or something so setting to 0 means only attributes matter. Who knows. Or perhaps the sliders are just there as a placebo effect.
You could be right, but i do see the effect on "0" settings. I've done this with 2k5 and had good respond with it. Keep everyone on equal playing fields. Everyone on "0" is playing equal to their attributes.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #48
Pro

I'm definitely up for giving it a try. Can't hurt and if it does improve the gameplay then that is wonderful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »