Home

"0" Sliders (Claystone)

This is a discussion on "0" Sliders (Claystone) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 03:44 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: "0" Sliders (Claystone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
I'm definitely up for giving it a try. Can't hurt and if it does improve the gameplay then that is wonderful.
I like some feedback on your game with stats. I wish others try it and give their stats.

This is all for making the game better.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #50

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I have to ask Claystone, you say that these are giving you realistic results but then I go and check your thread about your career and your 5-0 with the Texans. How is that realistic I guess is my question? Beating Baltimore wasnt a huge stretch, beating Tennessee and the Colts was imo. Secondly, if memory serves, in those games the CPU is barely ever running the ball, another problem I cant seem to shake on this game. I sincerely appreciate you posting these and I may even give them a shot but at the same time I really am starting to think that a good portion of the sliders are there for decoration at this point.

EDIT- I take part of my comment back, the CPU actually seems to be running the ball, its more like they arent running it well. Addai averaging less then 2.0 yards per carry, MJD averaging less then 1.0 yard per carry on 25+ carries? Thats not close to realistic, and thats my fear with this game. Im sitting here 5-0 with the Niners, having just beaten the Patriots which was a joke personally. Im tied with Philly 17-17 with 9:23 left in the game (mind you Im now letting my OC call the offensive plays and my HC call the defensive plays) and still Alex Smith has thrown the ball 37 times while we have only ran the ball a total of 12 times and 3 of those were scrambles by the QB. 37-12 Pass to Run is not good. Philly has a ratio of pass-run of 39-12, and yet again, 3 of those are runs by McNabb when scrambling.

On top of everything, not only are they not running the ball enough for me right now, but they cant run for crap either. Westbrook is sitting at 22 yards on 9 carries (2.4 Per Carry) Gore is at -7 yards on 8 carries (-0.8 per carry), seriously, he is averaging negative yards per run because of some ridiculous variable that either its Martz' fault, my O-Line's fault, Gore's fault, a lack of play knowledge on Gore or my O-Line, piss poor OL coach, piss poor RB coach etc so Im clueless what is even causing it. Not a single dev on here seems to want to address this problem, and dont even get me started on watching Gore run towards a hole and then juke away from it only to lose yards, if that happened in real life he would be lucky to be in the arena league.

Last edited by The Chef; 08-18-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:06 AM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
I have to ask Claystone, you say that these are giving you realistic results but then I go and check your thread about your career and your 5-0 with the Texans. How is that realistic I guess is my question? Beating Baltimore wasnt a huge stretch, beating Tennessee and the Colts was imo. Secondly, if memory serves, in those games the CPU is barely ever running the ball, another problem I cant seem to shake on this game. I sincerely appreciate you posting these and I may even give them a shot but at the same time I really am starting to think that a good portion of the sliders are there for decoration at this point.

EDIT- I take part of my comment back, the CPU actually seems to be running the ball, its more like they arent running it well. Addai averaging less then 2.0 yards per carry, MJD averaging less then 1.0 yard per carry on 25+ carries? Thats not close to realistic, and thats my fear with this game. Im sitting here 5-0 with the Niners, having just beaten the Patriots which was a joke personally. Im tied with Philly 17-17 with 9:23 left in the game (mind you Im now letting my OC call the offensive plays and my HC call the defensive plays) and still Alex Smith has thrown the ball 37 times while we have only ran the ball a total of 12 times and 3 of those were scrambles by the QB. 37-12 Pass to Run is not good. Philly has a ratio of pass-run of 39-12, and yet again, 3 of those are runs by McNabb when scrambling.

On top of everything, not only are they not running the ball enough for me right now, but they cant run for crap either. Westbrook is sitting at 22 yards on 9 carries (2.4 Per Carry) Gore is at -7 yards on 8 carries (-0.8 per carry), seriously, he is averaging negative yards per run because of some ridiculous variable that either its Martz' fault, my O-Line's fault, Gore's fault, a lack of play knowledge on Gore or my O-Line, piss poor OL coach, piss poor RB coach etc so Im clueless what is even causing it. Not a single dev on here seems to want to address this problem, and dont even get me started on watching Gore run towards a hole and then juke away from it only to lose yards, if that happened in real life he would be lucky to be in the arena league.
I do agree about the running game. It's weird, some games my RB do well and the other team gets squat. Pit was the only team that did well against me running. My friend, i really don't have an answer for you.

I'm trying to get a realistic game as possible. The Passing seems fine with the QB ratings, but the running game is a hit or miss. Yes, J. Addai should have more running yards against me. Even M. Jones-Drew. My valuation of the sliders is that the running game is still up in the air with my sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 12:11 AM   #52
Banned

Pimping:

Try my sliders. See how A. Smith and your team performs.

Right now i'm working on the running game.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:14 AM   #53

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
I do agree about the running game. It's weird, some games my RB do well and the other team gets squat. Pit was the only team that did well against me running. My friend, i really don't have an answer for you.

I'm trying to get a realistic game as possible. The Passing seems fine with the QB ratings, but the running game is a hit or miss. Yes, J. Addai should have more running yards against me. Even M. Jones-Drew. My valuation of the sliders is that the running game is still up in the air with my sliders.
Thanks for the explanation, I wasnt trying to jump your **** so to speak I just badly want this game to deliver with an equally good on the field representation of football as they are with the front office aspects and it seems to be sorely lacking. Again, thanks for getting back to me.

Quote:
Pimping:

Try my sliders. See how A. Smith and your team performs.

Right now i'm working on the running game.
I will in my next game, I dont like switching things mid game and with only 4:18 left in a 17-17 tie Im just going to let this game play out to its conclusion and then see what happens with your sliders next game.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:30 AM   #54
Banned

PimPing:

Try this. Set all your sliders to my "0" setting except RBA. Leave RBA at 45/45.

I'm testing this right now on coach now. Maybe we can get this running game going.

I think with the "0" setting A. Smith will have a tougher time. That will solve your one problem. The next problem is running which is all our problems.

Last edited by claystone; 08-19-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:35 AM   #55

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
PimPing:

Try this. Set all your sliders to my "0" setting except RBA. Leave RBA at 45/45.

I'm testing this right now on coach now. Maybe we can get this running game going.
Will do, Im not sure if Im going to play anymore tonight since Im really starting to get frustrated with the game but if I do I will let you know what the outcome is. Just finished that 49ers vs Eagles game and won it 27-24, or in other words there were 17 points scored in the last 4:13 of the game. To make things even weirder, Kevin Kolb came in and dominated me while I held McNabb in check.

The developers really need to let us alter a teams tendancy for offensive playcalling because with the way it is, teams are always passing 60-70% of the time according to the scouting reports you get every week for your upcoming opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 01:07 AM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Will do, Im not sure if Im going to play anymore tonight since Im really starting to get frustrated with the game but if I do I will let you know what the outcome is. Just finished that 49ers vs Eagles game and won it 27-24, or in other words there were 17 points scored in the last 4:13 of the game. To make things even weirder, Kevin Kolb came in and dominated me while I held McNabb in check.

The developers really need to let us alter a teams tendancy for offensive playcalling because with the way it is, teams are always passing 60-70% of the time according to the scouting reports you get every week for your upcoming opponent.
I'm using the Rams since they have a run offense playbook, so far S. Jackson is tearing up the field against the Raiders like he should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »