Home

Anyone out there make any good sliders for those that think the game is too easy?

This is a discussion on Anyone out there make any good sliders for those that think the game is too easy? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Anyone out there make any good sliders for those that think the game is too easy?

I know some people have said they found the game too easy, and I am having the same kind of problem. Playing with the Niners, and I am at 10-2 now, and the big FA's I signed were Justin Smith, Eugene Wilson, and LJ Smith, which if you ask me, isn't enough to turn the team into a 10-2 squad from the mess I inherited. One of the games I lost was to SEA, where I had injuries to my top two WR and LJ Smith at TE, and simply could not get anything going offensively. Other than that, while my running game is putrid, Alex Smith is looks like a worldbeater. I saw the sliders Slybelle made, anyone find the game to be more "difficult" as a whole using those while also helping the run game for both the human and CPU? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Anyone out there make any good sliders for those that think the game is too easy?

immediately turn down your sliders to
QB = 0
WR = 0
OL Pass Blocking = 0

Defense:
AWR = 100
Knockdowns = 100
Int = 65

play around with it some.. but those are the baselines I think..

the main thing is that you are the 49ers and im assuming using the default mike martz playbook..

that one alone is ridiculous.. 22 run plays against like 100 pass plays!! you'll be ripping it up in the air as i assume you have been

Old 08-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Anyone out there make any good sliders for those that think the game is too easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomriddle
immediately turn down your sliders to
QB = 0
WR = 0
OL Pass Blocking = 0

Defense:
AWR = 100
Knockdowns = 100
Int = 65

play around with it some.. but those are the baselines I think..

the main thing is that you are the 49ers and im assuming using the default mike martz playbook..

that one alone is ridiculous.. 22 run plays against like 100 pass plays!! you'll be ripping it up in the air as i assume you have been

Yea its pretty ridiculous - Ive added a few running plays, but the other problem I am finding is that other than the ones I create, the new ones I download never get practice time -- when I choose a running game centric gameplan, martz decides to run a bunch of shotgun draw plays and the like, or the same 3WR singleback 20 gut play that there are nine variations of. His book really has only 5 running plays, bc so many of them are practically identical.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
R**k**

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappybrown
Yea its pretty ridiculous - Ive added a few running plays, but the other problem I am finding is that other than the ones I create, the new ones I download never get practice time -- when I choose a running game centric gameplan, martz decides to run a bunch of shotgun draw plays and the like, or the same 3WR singleback 20 gut play that there are nine variations of. His book really has only 5 running plays, bc so many of them are practically identical.
Welcome to the Martz headaches I had to face the last two years with him being in Detroit in real life. Nothing like trying to air it out with Kitna, and Martz sending out all the backs and TEs on pass routes leaving our poor line helpless.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #5

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappybrown
I know some people have said they found the game too easy, and I am having the same kind of problem. Playing with the Niners, and I am at 10-2 now, and the big FA's I signed were Justin Smith, Eugene Wilson, and LJ Smith, which if you ask me, isn't enough to turn the team into a 10-2 squad from the mess I inherited. One of the games I lost was to SEA, where I had injuries to my top two WR and LJ Smith at TE, and simply could not get anything going offensively. Other than that, while my running game is putrid, Alex Smith is looks like a worldbeater. I saw the sliders Slybelle made, anyone find the game to be more "difficult" as a whole using those while also helping the run game for both the human and CPU? Thanks.
Im in the same boat man, sitting here as the Niners Im 4-0 and about to beat New England 30-25 to go to 5-0. Gore cant run for ****, he gets carries but does nothing with them at times. Ive tried Juk34man's sliders and they didnt do the trick so I can save you the time of trying them, Gore still couldnt run, my passing game was way too good etc. Im at the point where they made Martz such a good cordinator that I think anyone at QB would succeed here. Just to throw it out there, against New England, Alex Smith finished 23/26 for 413 yards 4td 1 int, and Im not calling a single offensive play.

Almost forgot, Gore had 29 yards on 17 carries, fantastic.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »