Home

Fatigue problems

This is a discussion on Fatigue problems within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Fatigue problems

I am having some big issues with fatigue. I am playing as the Steelers and i had a few tough games, but i had a bye week after week 5, so i thought the time of would give my players time to rest. Well that didnt work. I was even gameplanning practices off and that didnt seem to really help at all. In some cases i think I saw fatigue go lower after practice off. How can I get my players to recover? How can i keep them from getting so low in the first place?

I am also confused about the screen that filters by healthy, probable, questionable, and all those. i have some players that show up there in "out", yet still seem to want to practice and i have to manually set each of them to active. I have set my injury perference to conservative, so i would think that questionable and below would automatically be set to inactive.

I also seem to be having a ton of injuries, both centers and the third one i kept after the first was injured, both starting defensive ends, and both backup quarterbacks. is everyone seeing so many? What can i do to help avoid them? I know i have a bad trainer, but cant do anything until after the season about that.

And its not injury or fatigue rated, but when i am renegotiating with my veteran players, they seem to come out with extremely high bids at first. One rookie on a 290k contract is looking for like $50M over 6 years! I assume that they will get lower if i wait. how long will they keep coming back?
Is there anything i can do to make them get realistic quicker?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Fatigue problems

After playing around quite a bit today, i am still confused. I have some players who dont regain fatigue, even after giving them 3 gameplans completely off on a bye week. I dont think i have the injury bug because i have had at least one player return from an injury. From how i understand it i should regain both health and fatigue by gameplanning on off day.

Is it normal? Can I expect my whole team to be at like 40% fatigue by the end of the seasion?
Old 08-17-2008, 11:56 PM   #3
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsemillArmy
After playing around quite a bit today, i am still confused. I have some players who dont regain fatigue, even after giving them 3 gameplans completely off on a bye week. I dont think i have the injury bug because i have had at least one player return from an injury. From how i understand it i should regain both health and fatigue by gameplanning on off day.

Is it normal? Can I expect my whole team to be at like 40% fatigue by the end of the seasion?
I too don't get the day off in the GAMEPLAN section. It never helps with fatigue.
Any ideas would be welcome!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-18-2008, 01:10 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

The healthy, probably, questionable categories works like this..

Each player has a total health number for the season. No players ever heal unless they are injured then they will recover from that injury. However, every hit they take could potentially lower the total health for the limb, head, torso etc.

So if you have something listed as probable, he will remain there for the entire season. He can not get better until the end of the season.

Players do heal in the off-season.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:53 AM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I'm speaking about...(and I think the OP is also)

during the health and fatigue part of the gameplan...you can highlight a player that has a 90 Health and a 50 fatigue...you then hit X and it asks if you want him to play or sit out that days practice.
I've had the guy sit two/three days in a row and after each practice....where he should have been watching t.v. in the hot tub...he has the same % of fatigue(where it should be rising..that in itself is a little confusing...since a higher % actually means he's less tired...right?)

I hope I'm explaining it correctly.

Thanks..

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 07:38 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

The fatigue is killing me too. I have fixed it a little by playing the second string offense and defense for at least one series in the 2nd and 4th quarters. It helps some but to keep the fatigue really under control, I will probably have to play the 2nd string for an entire quarter.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm speaking about...(and I think the OP is also)

during the health and fatigue part of the gameplan...you can highlight a player that has a 90 Health and a 50 fatigue...you then hit X and it asks if you want him to play or sit out that days practice.
I've had the guy sit two/three days in a row and after each practice....where he should have been watching t.v. in the hot tub...he has the same % of fatigue(where it should be rising..that in itself is a little confusing...since a higher % actually means he's less tired...right?)

I hope I'm explaining it correctly.

Thanks..

M.K.
Knight165
You are right and that IS what I mean. I thought the whole idea of sitting someone for a practice was to recover fatigue. And the tip for resting the players in the gameplan says they will recover BOTH fatigue and health, and from what I have seen they recover neither.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsemillArmy
You are right and that IS what I mean. I thought the whole idea of sitting someone for a practice was to recover fatigue. And the tip for resting the players in the gameplan says they will recover BOTH fatigue and health, and from what I have seen they recover neither.
When you mark a player as inactive on that screen they will still practice, you are making them inactive for your next game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »