Home

anyone else pop in to teh madden forum to see what they saying about HC?

This is a discussion on anyone else pop in to teh madden forum to see what they saying about HC? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
anyone else pop in to teh madden forum to see what they saying about HC?

kudos to the HC team! it seems everywhere around people are griping about the non-existent franchise mode in Madden 09

ie: Draft time, the CPU picks 18 QB's in the 1st round

i'm seeing comments all over how Head Coach is the Franchise Mode people dream about in Madden

me personally I wish we can get th GFX of Madden and then I'd really be happy

keep up the great job HC team and remember to tell your supervisors A LOT OF PEOPLE Buy MAdden CE just to get HC

-.- I know I did
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: anyone else pop in to teh madden forum to see what they saying about HC?

Yup, the best franchise mode to date for a console game....Only thing im not to thrilled about conserning off field gameplay is that the cpu teams doesn't seem to bench struggling players, so some qb's will have terrible stats but still started all 16 games even tho they have backups that's not too far off in rating as the guy starting....I've even saw culpepper(77) start all 16 games for the jets(default rosters minus penington) even tho he comp 35% of his passes plus 30 int while clemons(79) just held the clip board all year....I kno ratings differ base on scheme but those two players aren't that fall apart in talent....hopefully this is a bug becuz it seems we have the option to have the cpu bench players for us but they don't bench our players neither
Old 08-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
Yup, the best franchise mode to date for a console game....Only thing im not to thrilled about conserning off field gameplay is that the cpu teams doesn't seem to bench struggling players, so some qb's will have terrible stats but still started all 16 games even tho they have backups that's not too far off in rating as the guy starting....I've even saw culpepper(77) start all 16 games for the jets(default rosters minus penington) even tho he comp 35% of his passes plus 30 int while clemons(79) just held the clip board all year....I kno ratings differ base on scheme but those two players aren't that fall apart in talent....hopefully this is a bug becuz it seems we have the option to have the cpu bench players for us but they don't bench our players neither
you know what's funny about benching? I actually got a Coach Moment regarding BENCHING... DURING A GAME!!

my current carreer is like 3-2 (soon to be 4-2 after this oakland game is done since i'm winning 20-7) and my only loss up to the last game was against... the Patriots, rival, crucial game..

the way it played out was a VERY TIGHT game.. exchanged leads even.. it was tied 24-24 going into the final 2 minutes.. got the ball back with like 1:30 left and .....

Brett Favre threw an int around midfield giving the Pats the ball back.. IMMEDIATELY the coach zoom face came up and it said

"BENCH QB??"

LOL I said keep him in, it is Favre after all.. and my approval dropped like 15 points

I just thought it was great that it mimicked my reaction irl at such a crucial time turning the ball over and sure enough.. coachs' moment, bench him?

As for benching players... try to delegate it without showing it to you.. maybe that'll work?
Old 08-17-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomriddle
keep up the great job HC team and remember to tell your supervisors A LOT OF PEOPLE Buy MAdden CE just to get HC

-.- I know I did
Me too.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #5
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7

only major problem with this game is the sound going out and having to restart from a save point. other than that this game is head and shoulders above madden for those of us are franchise and in depth junkies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 12:55 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 37

The problem with Head Coach is that it has everything Madden gamers want in a franchise... except that you can't play the games. My fear is that if Head Coach sales are good the Head Coach franchise features won't be put into Madden because EA can get a lot more money with two games versus one.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
The problem with Head Coach is that it has everything Madden gamers want in a franchise... except that you can't play the games. My fear is that if Head Coach sales are good the Head Coach franchise features won't be put into Madden because EA can get a lot more money with two games versus one.
I totally get what you're saying.. actually, there is a general notion right now about it that Madden gamers feel that in a franchise.. HC totally outshines Madden

like here's a post Im cutting and pasting

"All though, it should all be incorporated into Franchise/Owner mode in the first place. It has it's problems sure, and the interface needs a massive overhaul to make it more intiutive and the gameplay needs to run a little smoother, but it's still just a hell of a lot of fun.

I've played alot more of this then I have madden and makes me feel like i spent $50-$60 on this and $20-$30 on the garbage madden has become. If EA can put this into Madden they might just get another yearly customer, if not, i'll wait another 4 years and see if those bastards extend their license yet again.
"

personally.. I don't know if they'll integrate Madden and HC but man... I want them Madden graphics and "presentation", lol then it'd be
Old 08-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Frankly, I'd rather they keep them separate, at least for now.

Madden has too many hardcore fans and too much of an arcade-style fanbase to adopt the sort of revolutionary changes to the underlying engine that are necessary to make a really strong strategic football game.

Head Coach shouldn't have to avoid those in order to hold to the Madden engine - the dynamics of plays, separating awareness stats into position experience, skill, reaction time, play identification, etc. all need to be here. Real formations, real depth charts - making a real, functioning football simulation should be the focus, I'd say. As long as it's running Madden underneath, it won't be close, even if the wrapper is as genuinely creative as what they've done with HC '09.

I'm a little annoyed that Tiburon has decided (perhaps with pressure from EA) to completely neglect Franchise Mode in order to promote sales of HC, because I think they still serve different goals.

Ultimately they may become one game, but until there's a real sim engine (a la FOF) for HC, incorporating it further into the arcade-mentality Madden system would seem like a mistake to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »