Home

Devs - Defining moment tweak?

This is a discussion on Devs - Defining moment tweak? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Devs - Defining moment tweak?

I was playing dallas and on the 6 yard line, it was 4th and inches. Defining moment came up to go for it on 4th down or kick the FG. I chose to go for it. I selected FB dive play which worked and I got the 1st down but I lost rating.

Now my assumption is that it was expecting me to go for it on 4th down and get a TD, but all I was looking for was getting the 1st down. I scored a passing TD 2 plays later, but still my rating dropped from 92 to 86 because on that 4th down I didn't get a TD, even though I did the get 1st down.

Any thoughts on this? Can this be changed so that when you get a POSITIVE outcome your approval goes up or even stays the same instead of going down?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Devs - Defining moment tweak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva
I was playing dallas and on the 6 yard line, it was 4th and inches. Defining moment came up to go for it on 4th down or kick the FG. I chose to go for it. I selected FB dive play which worked and I got the 1st down but I lost rating.

Now my assumption is that it was expecting me to go for it on 4th down and get a TD, but all I was looking for was getting the 1st down. I scored a passing TD 2 plays later, but still my rating dropped from 92 to 86 because on that 4th down I didn't get a TD, even though I did the get 1st down.

Any thoughts on this? Can this be changed so that when you get a POSITIVE outcome your approval goes up or even stays the same instead of going down?
Funny thing.. on the converse, I go for a FG in a preseason game on a 4th and 1 and get the 3 points and my approval rating goes down 8 points!! C'mon.. I'm taking the points espeically early in the game.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Funny thing.. on the converse, I go for a FG in a preseason game on a 4th and 1 and get the 3 points and my approval rating goes down 8 points!! C'mon.. I'm taking the points espeically early in the game.
Your approval will go down during the game. That's a function of everybody second guessing the coach on the spot. if you win, you get mostof that approval back, if not more. Winning fixes everything.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougSupreme
Your approval will go down during the game. That's a function of everybody second guessing the coach on the spot. if you win, you get mostof that approval back, if not more. Winning fixes everything.
ok.. that's great to hear.. game froze on me so I never saw the increase
Old 08-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #5
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

To be honest, this Game Changing plays need to be an option we can turn off or be more realistic. These are just crazy some times. Last game:

Its the 3rd QTR, I'm leading by 7. I'm on my opponents 12 yard line. I fail to convert the third down and now its 4th and 7. Game changing moment comes up and wants me to go for it instead of kicking the FG. That is just nuts. Who in their right mind is going to go for it at that point in the game and up by 7?

Again, provide us an option to turn them off or make them somewhat realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »