Home

Dolphins Frachise Report

This is a discussion on Dolphins Frachise Report within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 04:28 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Dolphins Frachise Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman Mafia
heres some food for thought....

Draft Strategy
1st Rnd: u should find urself the best linebacker in the draft at ur pick...u really need a franchise linebacker and even though i would lean towards picking up a MLB, ur situation mandates getting the best linebacker possible

2nd: if the draft is truly deep at DT i would wait til the 2nd round until i pick up one of these hogmollies...u seem to know what ur doing man so im guessing u can find 1st rnd quality in the 2nd... obviously u want a guy with 90+ POT but anything in the high 80s would be a vast improvement over ur current starters

3rd: im kind of split here but the choice i see is btwn CB and TE....ur first two picks should be defense guys but if ur not shy about really boosting that D u should look for a big physical CB to start off as a nickleback....if all goes well u can groom him to play opposite ur 90 rated CB in a season or two....u can also use a TE and in the third rnd you're not gonna be getting any elite level guys (barring a miracle pick of course) but you can find athletes and bodies in this round...either way you should focus on size, speed and strength with this pick

Later rounds: i would look for a decent kicker cuz of ur Jay Feely troubles....u can also check out some WR's but if there are 3 elite lvl WR's on the FA market i would try to pick up one of those guys...Colston looks like a good option cuz all the others have baggage and probable enormous contracts....

looking forward to more updates....good luck man....

Awesome advice man. Thanks. Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll probably be using this exact strategy. LB, DT, CB/TE. Those first 3 picks alone would boost my team dramatically. I'll scout accordingly.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:34 AM   #58
Rookie

OK, so if I lost to Andrew Walter and the Raiders...that means the Patriots had to have smashed me right? Wrong. I used my anger from that game and used it to fuel my gameplan for the Patriots.

First thing I did was return ALL gameplay sliders to default 50. Thats right, I knew I'd be playing Tom Brady...and boosted his accuracy back to 50. Haha. Anyway.... The game was amazing to play. I focused on pressuring the sh** out of Brady...constantly throwing linebackers at him since my DL is craptacular. It worked. Brady wasn't playing like Brady. I got in his head, and you could see it in his performance. I didn't even care about Maroney, and let him run wild. But then there was Brian Brohm...who played like a champion, even when Ronnie Brown got seriously injured in the first quarter. We owned the Patriots the entire game. Not only did we pick Brady off 3 tmes, but Ted Ginn also returned a Kickoff to the endzone that really put the dagger in the heart. What a game. Here's some stats...

Final Score: MIA 38, NE 20

MIA- B Brohm: 125.0 rating, 2 td, 0 int, 200 yards, 13/21
R Brown: 4 att, 24 yards
R Williams: 26 att, 49 yards, 1 td...and of course, 1 fumble (a patch for this would be great)
T Ginn: 3 rec, 59 yards, 1 rec td, and a 98 yard kickoff return td

K Phillips: 3 tackles, 2 int
T Williams: 5 tackles, 1 int, 1 ff, and 1 def td

NE- Tom Brady: 63.7 rating, 2 td, 3 int, 203 yards, 22/34
L Maroney: 14 att, 128 yards, 1 td...2 fumbles

The great thing was, there were no sacks on either team. We just put so much pressure on Brady that he threw some incredibly dumb passes. And we made him pay for it. Also, Brohm looked fantastic...he owned the pocket, dodging and moving, trying to buy time while the receivers got open. And no picks. He is definitely my QB now. A second round gem.

After the big win, my approval rating went up to...61. Yes, a measly 61 for beating the New England Patriots...a huge division rival...that went undefeated last year...the same year we went 1-15. Looks like the staff here are looking for the big win in February. I guess thats a good thing.

However...bad news always comes with good news. Ronnie Brown and rookie LE Lawrence Jackson are out for the season. Thats right. Ricky Williams will be my featured back now, while Matt Roth starts at LE. Can it get any worse? Yes...but I son't want to think about that. I signed up rookie (and apparently undrafted) HB Mike Hart after I had to put Brown on the IR. I always liked Hart at Michigan, so I took a chance on him and gave him a 1 year 290K contract. What did I get? A 23 year old HB thats a 71 overall with 87 potential. Lovely. Guess Hart's the light in the darkness. He's a little small for my tastes (5'9") but he's fast, and I can't wait to see what he can do for me. As for the LE...(sigh) I picked up some cheap a** rookie with a 69 rating and a 75 potential. Oh well.

I get some major skill points though after the win, and threw my coach 2 team chemistry skills. Now he's an overall 20 rating...a long way away from Tony Dungy's 99 rating...but oh well. I'm focusing on making my coach a balanced offensive/defensive mind. Not just focusing on one aspect of the game. I decided to specialize in passing and stopping the Running game. So...I have put most of my skill points so far in QB/WR/LB/DL physical development. I will start putting points in the intangables skills next, and wait on the special skills until I can afford to get Ambition...which I think will be very worth it once you start racking up special skills endgame. Luckily, I have a pretty good RB coach to handle the running game, so I'll try to keep him around.

Just an update...somehow, Brian Brohm is third on the AFC QB Pro Bowl rankings. Nice.

Next game is against the St. Louis Rams. My favorite team. I almost decided to coach the Rams instead. But I wanted the challeng of one of the hardest teams. The Rams have a very good roster, and was only crap last year due to injuries. For this game they look fairly injury free...except Orlando Pace looks like he's out. Looks like I'll be blitzing their left side alot. Hopefully, Ricky Williams can perform just as good as he used to without smoking some green before the game.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #59
Rookie

Victory in St. Louis. The Dolphins are now on a roll. I love it. This win was 100% offensive. Our defense gave up some big scores and the Rams tied up the game 21 to 21 in the fourth. After some key fumbles by Ricky Williams and my backup Xavier Omon (by the way, this fumble issue is getting out of hand, and is no the ONLY gripe I have with the game. Other than the few small bugs such as the injury one and the salary thingy...the game would be near perfect without seeing a fumble EVERY game. Just my 2 cents...), the game then went into overtime. We won the toss and Brohm led a brilliant attack down the field to set Jay Feeley up with a (nice and close) field goal. A side note about field goals...should we all keep the FG power slider up higher? I had it back at 50 for this game and I saw the Rams under kick a 30 something yarder. I might go ahead and and raise that sucker back up to like 80...but I just don't know yet. Anyway...this was a good game. Ricky Williams was a monster on the field despite his fumble issues. And Brohm was...Brohm. The next Dan Marino for the Dolphins baby. Yes. Here's some stats...

Final Score: MIA 24, STL 21

MIA- B Brohm: 97.5 rating, 1 td, 0 int, 302 yards, 21/35 (He's only thrown 1 pick all season!)
R Williams: 23 att, 136 yards, 2 td...2 fumbles
T Ginn: 7 rec, 108 yards, 1 td
J Porter: 6 rec, 99 yards

STL- M Bulger: 80.0 rating, 1 td, 1 int, 153 yards, 13/21
B Leonard (who I guess STARTED over S Jax): 26 att, 101 yards, 1 td, 1 fumble
T Holt: 6 rec, 57 yards, 1 td

After the game, I check my approval rating...65. Whatever. I then check the division standings:

1. Patriots 9-3-0
2. Dolphins 7-4-1
3. Jets 6-6-0
4. Bills 4-8-0

Hopefully we can win at least one more game so we don't have a loosing record. But, can we possibly make it to the playoffs? If we keep playing like this...I think so. That would be outrageous if I made the playoffs after the year the team had before I came. I better be getting a huge pay raise....with or without a 65 approval rating. Its funny though, the owner likes me at 93 approval and the players are at 90...but its the fans/media/staff that hates me at around 50 approval each. Wierd.

Anyway... next I develop my staff a little, and scout some big school college MLB's. What's this? Wow, the special skill points I put into Bill Parcels are paying off. I gave him the special abilities to scout all incoming college small school and medium school players. ALL of them. That means I only have to scout the Top players. Awesome...

Then I see him...

This kid named Gino King from West Virginia. Parcels tells me he is comparable to Ray Lewis. Umm...that's really all I need to hear. He is already on the top of my draft board.

But if we keep winning like this, I won't get to draft him...haha. Its on to Buffolo, where it looks like I'll be playing my firsr snow game. Let's do this.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #60
Rookie

Victory in Buffolo. Another close game, but Brohm just dominated yet again. He did throw his second pick of the year...but the poise he showed in the pocket led us down the field for the game winning drive in the fourth quarter. Nothing real special in this game though. Just feeling real good about Brohm. Here's some stats...

Final Score: MIA 21, BUF 17

MIA- B Brohm: 110.1 rating, 2 td, 1 int, 368 yards, 24/35
R Williams: 21 att, 83 yards, 1 td, 2 fumbles
J Porter: 8 rec, 102 yards, 1 td
T Ginn: 5 rec, 103 yards, 1 td (I love how Brohm used both of my recievers so equally)

BUF- T Edwards: 96.7 rating, 1 td, 0 int, 346 yards, 23/39
M Lynch: 15 att, 8 yards, 1 td
L Evans 4 rec, 44 yards, 1 td
A Caldwell (rookie): 9 rec 177 yards

After the win, my approval rating is 72. I just don't get it. The owner likes me at 99 approval. That pretty much secures my job for next year. The players like me at 95 approval. But again, the fans, media, and staff hate me. Maybe its because of my Titan personality which basically means I don't give a sh** about anyone but myself and winning. But I'm winning...so screw them. Yeah...I'm a titan.

In other news... The Dolphins are now 8-4-1. Still second in the division. What are the last teams on the schedule? 49er's, Chiefs, Jets. Could we go 11-4-1 and head to the playoffs in year 1? Hmmm....

Next is San Fran. And the scouting report says they pass 91% of the time! Wow. Mike Martz is an idiot. It's a good thing their best player is Frank Gore...a running back. This is why I hated Mike Martz coching the Rams. We should have won that Super Bowl versus the Patriots. But we DIDN'T RUN THE BALL...WITH MARSHALL FAULK!! Sorry, I get emotional about that. But f*** Mike Martz. Anyway...looks like we'll be focusing on the pass game.

I scout the rest of the big school CB's, and put a point in QB intangables for my coach. He's rated 21 now. And since I'm in a good position to posibly make the playoffs, I'm feeling ambitious...and will now save up for the 20,000 point Ambition skill.

Some interesting things I noticed about the 49er's though...
1. They signed Isaac Bruce...who knows Mike Martz's system greatly.
2. They drafted Jamaal Charles. So they have TWO young great backs...and don't use them.
3. Vernon Davis a 63 rating? I think I'm going to target him in a trade in the offseason. Something tells me he has amazing potential...in the right system. Vernon Davis a Dolphin next year? It could happen. Stay tuned...
Old 08-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #61
Rookie

very nice point with Vernon Davis... i dnt have the game yet but is there a way to scout another team's players? i think Davis is gonna be a RFA next season anyways....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman Mafia
very nice point with Vernon Davis... i dnt have the game yet but is there a way to scout another team's players? i think Davis is gonna be a RFA next season anyways....
Yeah you can look at every player in the game. However...you cannot see players potential rating if they are not on your team. You also can't check out their ratings on different philosophies. This game is awesome.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:31 PM   #63
Rookie

Another nail biter. I had this game won in the forth, when I let the stupid Martz Air Attack come back and score on me twice in a row after the 49's recovered an onside kick. So...another overtime game. And what happens? We win the toss and Ted Ginn returns the kickoff for a touchdown to win the game. Amazing. I also love how my solid O-Line is letting all my RB's run for 100 yard games...no matter what their rating. Ricky Williams is looking like a beast out there. I think I can have anyone in my backfield and make them a star...kind of like Mike Shanahan's philosophy in Denver. I like that. Here's some stats...

Final Score: MIA 34, SF 28

MIA- B Brohm: 101.4 rating, 1 td, 1 int, 284 yards, 19/27
R Williams: 21 att, 107 yards 3 td, 1 fumble
T Ginn: 0 rec, but 1 game winning kickoff return td

K Phillips: 5 tackles, 1 int

SF- A Smith: 85.3 rating, 2 td, 1 int, 379 yards, 30/52 (I just figured out why Alex Smith is so good in this game and going to the Pro Bowl this season in the game, all they do is PASS!)
F Gore: 11 att, 24 yards, 0 td
I Bruce: 4 rec, 32 yards, 1 td

N Clements: 9 tackles, 1 int, 1 def td
P Willis: 7 tackles, 1 sack

Now after the game I'm 9-4-1, looking for a playoff spot with 2 games left to play. The Patriots are 11-3-0. I have a 78 approval rating, but the owner and that players love me. I scouted the rest of the big school TE's, changed a few philosophies to maximize ratings and potential, then got ready for my game versus the Chiefs. They run alot, so I'll be using a totally different strategy then the one I used for San Fran.

As I look at the KC depth chart...I am amazed to see they drafted RE Chris Long (93)...AND LT Ryan Clady (92). I wonder what they had to give up for that? Too bad they're already eliminated from all playoff hopes this year. Maybe next year Herm Edwards. I'm ranked 3rd in AFC Head Coach of the Year award rankings...and I'm here to stay. Big game in KC coming up next.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #64

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Awesome report, funny that my problems as the Niners (Alex Smith being too effective, Gore being non existent) are the same things you saw when playing against them. Keep the reports coming, hope you make the playoffs and shock some teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »