Home

Dolphins Frachise Report

This is a discussion on Dolphins Frachise Report within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 01:14 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Dolphins Frachise Report

Hey, just wanted to say I too am really enjoying this.

One comment I had regarding Vernon Davis. I was under the assumption that the ratings you saw - even for players on other teams - was based on your philosophy. In other words, I think if you got Davis on your team he would still be a 63. It's entirely possible that I am wrong though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 01:58 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
Hey, just wanted to say I too am really enjoying this.

One comment I had regarding Vernon Davis. I was under the assumption that the ratings you saw - even for players on other teams - was based on your philosophy. In other words, I think if you got Davis on your team he would still be a 63. It's entirely possible that I am wrong though...
That is correct, the OVR you see is always based on your philosophies regardless of whether that player is on your team.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
That is correct, the OVR you see is always based on your philosophies regardless of whether that player is on your team.
Didn't know this. Now I do. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #68
Rookie

Re: Dolphins Franchise Report

Dolphins win again. This game versus KC was basically a passing contest between Brian Brohm and Damon Huard...and Brohm beat him out. I also let Mike Hart get a few varries after Ricky WIlliams played like crao and then got injured. It's funny to me how Brohm seems to always find a way to win ball games. We've won 5 in a row so far with him since the 2nd Patriots game. Here's some stats...

Final Score: MIA 37, KC 26

MIA- B Brohm: 143.4 rating, 3 td, 0 int, 377 yards, 18/28
M Hart: 16 att, 50 yards
R Williams: 9 att, 16 yards, 2 fumbles
T Ginn: 5 rec, 153 yards, 1 td
J Porter: 2 rec, 74 tards, 1 td

J Porter: 5 tackles, 2 sacks

KC- D Huard: 127.9 ratnig, 2 td, 0 int, 326 yards, 21/30
L Johnson: 17 att, 17 yards
T Gonzalez: 5 rec, 99 yards, 1 td

T Gooden: 14 tackles, 1 sack

After the game, my approval goes up to 90...finally. I'm 10-4-1 with a real playoff shot and one game left to play. I give my offensive coordinator an awesome special skill that increases the QB's chance of finding the right target. Nice. Then, I scout some more WR's just in case I decide to scoup one in the draft. Hopefully we can go out with a win, and a playoff spot. Jets are next...
Old 08-22-2008, 12:07 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcool202020
I also love how my solid O-Line is letting all my RB's run for 100 yard games...no matter what their rating. Ricky Williams is looking like a beast out there. I think I can have anyone in my backfield and make them a star...kind of like Mike Shanahan's philosophy in Denver. I like that.
I like it too. Football is a game that runs inside-out; that is, your lines are the foundation and everything builds around them. You have what looks like a great O-Line and it's paying dividends. Great to hear.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:24 PM   #70
Rookie

Well, somehow we did it. With the upgrades I made on this team, we've been able to go from 1-15 to 11-4-1 and a playoff wildcard spot. We dominated the Jets, beating them in every part of the game. We actually looked like a playoff team. Brohm was...Pro Bowl like...again. Here's some stats...

Final Score: MIA 27, NYJ 7

MIA- B Brohm: 130.3 rating, 3 td, 0 int, 253 yards, 20/29
R WIlliams: 20 att, 98 yards, AND ZERO FUMBLES!!!!!!
M Hart: 8 att, 30 yards, AND ZERO FUMBLES!!!!!!
J Porter: 2 rec, 30 yards, 2 td
D Hagan: 5 rec, 88 yards, 1 td

NYJ- K Clemens: 103.2 rating, 1 td, 0 int, 207 yards, 16/25
T Jones: 19 att, 54 yards, 2 fumbles

After the last game of the regular season, my approval rating jumps up to 92. Nice. I completed my goal of finishing the season with an approval rating above 90.

I check who we're playing in our first playoff game...the Bengals. Their team is stacked. They have 10 Pro Bowlers, and they smartly drafted Jerod Mayo and Early Doucet. This will not be an easy game. But hey, we made it this far. I've got some Pro Bowlers on my team too...Brian Brohm, Reagan Mauia, Nnamdi Asomugha, Travis Fiasher, and Kenny Phillips. Its interesting that I added 4 out of the 5 guys who made it to the Pro Bowl. Not Bad. Here's some end season stats...

Brian Brohm: 19 td, 3 int, 3051 yards (that's in only 11 games)
Ricky Williams: 526 yards, 130 att, 8 td, 9 fumbles
Jerry Porter: 1055 yards, 62 rc, 253 yac, 8 td
Ted Ginn: 838 yards, 43 rec, 213 yac, 6 td

Jerry Porter: 45 tackles, 7 sacks, 2 ff
Akin Ayodele: 74 tackles, 2 int, 1 ff
Dan Connor: 68 tackles, 5 sacks, 1 int, 1 ff
Nnamdi Asomugha: 76 tackles, 2 int, 4 ff
Travis Fisher: 80 tackles, 1 int, 1 int td, 4 sacks, 1 ff
Kenny Phillips: 90 tackles, 3 int, 1 sack, 4 ff, 2 fumble td's

Brian Brohm ended up being named the NFL offensive rookie of the year. Another goal achieved. Kenny Phillips finished 2nd in defensive rookie of the year. It's awesome how they have Adam Scheffler announcing all of the award winners at the end of the season.

My job status has officially changed to "Doing a great job", which has to mean I won't be gettnig fired anytime soon. Anyway, I get ready for the bengals game by focusing on pressuring Carson Palmer, then I give the players a day off. They earned it. Time to play in the Dolphins' first playoff game in a long while...
Old 08-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #71
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

What did you do with Ronnie Brown?
Old 08-22-2008, 01:17 PM   #72
Rookie

he got injured a couple games ago.....thats why he picked up the undrafted FA at RB

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »