Home

Team Philosophy: Coach Hire

This is a discussion on Team Philosophy: Coach Hire within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:30 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Team Philosophy: Coach Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
This is what dictates CPU logic during Coach Hire.

For you the user, you obviously have full and total control of what types of power you want to give your assistant coaches.

Now if you were simming/delegating this portion of the game, this philosophy would determine how much control you give into during your simmed coach hire events.
So, Donny, does this have any effect during the coach hiring process? In other words, if I have something set to "Give Up No Control," will potential coaches have less interest in joining my team than if I had "Give Up Some Control" or "Give Up Little Control?"
Old 08-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Team Philosophy: Coach Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinywalrus
This typically happens whenever you are around the Pro Bowl Week - if you have turned down a lot of coaches, at some point it will simply "hire" whoever the last one is before the off-season starts.

Also, it typically seems to work in rank order. You'll get the range of available coordinators, followed by position coaches, ranked internally by their OVR. Might not be perfect, but unless you don't like the scheme (or the age?), your better guys will typically come earlier in the cycle.

Well, I had just won the SB, so I can understand it...I wondered if that's what it was. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »