Home

*** Salary Bug and Workaround ***

This is a discussion on *** Salary Bug and Workaround *** within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #33
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

OVR: 3
Re: *** Salary Bug and Workaround ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougSupreme
it's not the saving that causes the problem, it's the loading. If you load a game that was saved on a Tuesday or Wednesday, the FAs will demand outrageous salaries until monday at midnight. Then the system resets and the salaries should go back to normal.

If you play a whole season thru, saving every week on tuesday, you'll be fine until you stop playing. When you load your career to play the next time, the bug will be in effect until Tuesday morning (monday night) 12:00a

as far as I understand it.
This is exactly right.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #34
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Bekins
It will definitely be addressed if we get the green light for a patch.

There are some business issues involved in a patch that the devs on this forum have no control over, but we are actively pursuing fixes for several issues in addition to this.
Scary to think suits make these decisions. You might relay to them that you've all been accepted into the lions den and would rather not steal the proverbial cubs away at this point.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 9

so if I save always on a friday no matter what time of year it is I'll be ok?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #36
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
I wonder this as well. It's getting confusing with all the talk about having to save on these days at this time of the year, and then save on this day in another part of the year...is Friday just an all around good day to save no matter the time of the year or point in a season?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:03 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

This wasn't part of the glitch I think, but it was funny.

One offseason during FA, C Samson Satele wanted a 5 year 80 mil contract. All the other FAs were fine, and no one paid that price to get Satele, but I thought it was hilarious.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:51 PM   #38
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougSupreme
it's not the saving that causes the problem, it's the loading. If you load a game that was saved on a Tuesday or Wednesday, the FAs will demand outrageous salaries until monday at midnight. Then the system resets and the salaries should go back to normal.

If you play a whole season thru, saving every week on tuesday, you'll be fine until you stop playing. When you load your career to play the next time, the bug will be in effect until Tuesday morning (monday night) 12:00a

as far as I understand it.
so this means not to save on a Tuesday?? Bottom line........game should be saved every Friday??
Old 08-20-2008, 12:50 AM   #39
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
Always save on Friday night, and your team will be 100% solid for the entire year.

Like I said previously, I tried to keep it as simple as possible, but wanted to give more details for those that were interested. If you just want a safe rule of thumb, save on Friday.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:25 AM   #40
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

This is a bit confusing, and I've had a few too many beers to try to digest it right now, but I've got a question. Does this have any effect when you are in the process of playing out your season and your players who have contracts expiring start coming at you with offers to keep them around? Or, is it just during free agency? I noticed that I had this big flurry of activity with all my players with expiring contracts offering to re-up, and it all happened in the same week. I didn't take down concrete details, but I do remember some of them seeming to ask for much more than they were worth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »