Home

Issues we are looking into currently

This is a discussion on Issues we are looking into currently within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 12:19 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Issues we are looking into currently

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Personally, I don't mind the fact that the CPU takes over my team for a 2 minute offense, it's one of the reasons I choose field general. I think as us laymen are apt to do that it's just a bug so that the cpu will actually call it's own plays during the 2 minute drill.

Right Josh? The cpu just isn't calling it's own plays during the 2 minute drill?
I wouldn't mind if they would audible to a different play. They keep running the same one. If they was a way to undo the lock on the check/uncheck call play screen you could decide to allow/not allow and perhaps at the same time fix the 2:00 bugaboo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 12:26 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 11

one more thing...

when trading/signing players the cpu is assigning duplicate roster numbers. I accepted this during the preseason but I had to sign someone just now and the cpu assigned him a number of one of my other linemen. Yes I changed it but just letting you know.

Also, Seattle Seahawks in my game (during the regular season) have a RG with the #4 jersey....
Old 08-20-2008, 12:31 AM   #67

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
one more thing...

when trading/signing players the cpu is assigning duplicate roster numbers. I accepted this during the preseason but I had to sign someone just now and the cpu assigned him a number of one of my other linemen. Yes I changed it but just letting you know.

Also, Seattle Seahawks in my game (during the regular season) have a RG with the #4 jersey....
As the Niners I traded for DT Jolly in GB and he is now wearing #1, strange to see but to be honest its the least of my concerns at this point.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:36 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
As the Niners I traded for DT Jolly in GB and he is now wearing #1, strange to see but to be honest its the least of my concerns at this point.
Yeah, I am being a bit nit-picky sorry about that. anyway, I'm done crying from losing my regular season because I didn't s.e.s.o. so i'm outta here and back to play again. I'm not a glutton for punishment....but this game is the only game out there Well Marv Levy put out a Front Office sim once on the pc..but it wasn't the same lol.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:42 AM   #69
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

I pmed you what what my issue with this game was. so if you can fix it fine, if not? eh..I pmed ya.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 08-20-2008, 03:41 AM   #70

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Yeah, I am being a bit nit-picky sorry about that. anyway, I'm done crying from losing my regular season because I didn't s.e.s.o. so i'm outta here and back to play again. I'm not a glutton for punishment....but this game is the only game out there Well Marv Levy put out a Front Office sim once on the pc..but it wasn't the same lol.
No need to apologize, different things are important to everyone. I wasnt trying to question what you were saying, more trying to point out that I saw the same thing and in my list of annoyances with the game this isnt very high. If its important to you then thats fine with me, not trying to discount your concern at all.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:37 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've found a weird playbook bug when starting more than one new game. If you quit and restart a new career, your old team will still run the same playbook.

For example if you start a career with the Titans and select the Patriots playbook, then quit and start a new game with a new team, the Titans will still be using the Pats plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #72
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Is there anything that can be done for those of us who find the D-Line pressure to be lacking?

Everyone is going to have different experiences because they are so many variables in this game that effect gameplay. With my coaches, team philosophy, and the system I have in place my QB is simply not seeing the amount of pressure that he should be (based on how average my O-Line is). I'm also 7-0 with the Raiders due in part to my QB (J****ssell) being unrealisticaly effecient in the passing game.

Now, I'm either really good at this game (which is possible ), or something is slightly off balance...I believe that my QB is able to complete 73% of his passes (through 7 games) because he has too much time to scan the field...

I'm not saying that the pass rush is 'broken' or 'non-existant', but in my career, the defensive linemen spend a little too much time on the ground. If the pass-blocking slider was a bit more potent, I could easily rectify this problem...If nothing can be done then I'll learn to live with it or move on, but I'm hoping you guys can throw us a bone...
Are you playing with the Raiders? Try playing a game with the Patriots and see if there is a difference.

Bad teams do not put any pressure on the QB. Is it just your D-Line?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »