Home

What we'd like to see if there are future releases of HC

This is a discussion on What we'd like to see if there are future releases of HC within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you rather have a new release every year or update via patches you pay for?
New Release every year ala Madden 35 37.63%
Patch every 6 months (maybe $9.99 to $19.99?) to a year with a New Release every few years 58 62.37%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2008, 09:38 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: What we'd like to see if there are future releases of HC

In order of importance. If this would mean a wait until 2011, I can handle that. The current game is awesome enough to keep me playing until then!

(And I'm sure this is asking way too much, but this would be my ideal):

1. More playbook and create play control. Fully customizable play creator. The option to create timing routes, swing passes, fades, etc., and the ability to truly create plays from scratch, in any formation (including, for instance, A-11-type formations).

2. The option for a full practice mode, where we set a practice schedule rather than simply select an option on which to focus. Full practice activities could include weight training, speed training, film study, team and position drills, 7-on-7 and 11-on-11, etc. The ability to physically watch the on-the-field practice activities to see how the players are developing. Everything could be limited by the clock to ensure you only have limited time to work on things.

3. Deeper college scouting system, with highlights of game action focusing on the strengths and weaknesses of the respective players. Maybe have Adam Scheffler break guys down on film like he would leading up to the draft.

4. PC release

5. 360-degree, custom in-game replays.

6. Option for an in-game announcer.

Last edited by ChicagoSparty; 08-26-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:51 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 4

Great thread! Lets hope there is a 2010 version. Things I'd like to see in addition to what I've seen written:

Atmosphere, Atmosphere, Atmosphere!! I want to feel like I'm on the field during an NFL game. The crowd should loud, engaged and intelligent. This should be team specific so that certain places are harder to play than others. I should almost feel like I can't think straight in a big road game. Dial it up even more for the playoffs. Include a PA announcer that I can hear and perhaps sounds different in each stadium. Sideline camera also would be nice.

Ability to coach specific players or at least the team at halftime or provide some mechanism for halftime adjustments.

More variety of dialog from the coaches, as they are quite repetitive.

Tweak defining moments to be more appropriate to the situation.

Better AI during last two minutes of the halves. Still see too much weird stuff going on that shouldn't

More flexibility with create a coach. Ability to import face (ala Tiger Woods) would be cool.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull
Great thread! Lets hope there is a 2010 version. Things I'd like to see in addition to what I've seen written:

Atmosphere, Atmosphere, Atmosphere!! I want to feel like I'm on the field during an NFL game. The crowd should loud, engaged and intelligent. This should be team specific so that certain places are harder to play than others. I should almost feel like I can't think straight in a big road game. Dial it up even more for the playoffs. Include a PA announcer that I can hear and perhaps sounds different in each stadium. Sideline camera also would be nice.

Ability to coach specific players or at least the team at halftime or provide some mechanism for halftime adjustments.

More variety of dialog from the coaches, as they are quite repetitive.

Tweak defining moments to be more appropriate to the situation.

Better AI during last two minutes of the halves. Still see too much weird stuff going on that shouldn't

More flexibility with create a coach. Ability to import face (ala Tiger Woods) would be cool.
While this stuff would be cool, I am relatively happy with the presentation. My two cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 12:59 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 11

21) On field animation (similar to when a player shows up on animation when he has a penalty called against him) when an injury occurs so we can immediately see who is being helped off the field. If not, we need some sort of immediate notice that x player will not be in the next play. It is frustrating to run a FB dive when it's 4th & 1 and not know that your FB was just injured on the 3rd &1 attempt. Not realistic for a coach not to know that he's out of the game. He wont know how long obviously, but he will know he was helped off the field and can't be in the next play.

22) I know it's been mentioned before, maybe even by me, but I would really love to start my playbooks as a clean slate and completely design or add plays manually.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:05 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
lmao... that would be awesome. a list of like 3 items to show our reaction 1) throw headset 2) get in the offending player/coaches face (Just call that the Cowher reaction) 3) Stoic and emotionless... (Dungy reaction)

And a option to do the throw headset and Cowher reation all t once when your kicker missed the 17 yard chip shot....LOL

I have yet to see one bad idea in here yet.

I just want this game to be solid from top to bottom. Fix whats broke and make us happy. Get a solid out of the box program going and add some things each year. I could go for a new game every year or mod upgrades every so often. IF you give it a solid foundation in which to build off of.

BTW Sloey i loved your ideas... Heck i liked them all
Old 09-03-2008, 07:21 AM   #54
Rookie

obviousman03's Arena

OVR: 2

-fix the kicking, obviously. but that is being handled with the patch.

-somebody has probably mentioned it, but i'd love to keep a practice squad around. then when a major injury occurs instead of running to the FA list you could call up a practice squad player.

-i never played the first head coach (didn't have a ps2 or whatever it came out on at the time), but i think i remember reading something about being able to give speeches to certain players on your team. i think it would be cool if you could do something like call together your defense and psyched them up for one last drive. we see this all the time in important games, and depending on the coach sometimes it works and sometimes it does nothing.

-in the preseason, the "train player" part of practice should include anyone below a certain level of playbook knowledge. that would give you a list of rookies, players new to the team and dumb players.

-the ability to name captains. the team would react to the initial picking of the captain and that group would alter their personality a little bit. for instance, if i sign odell thurman and immediately name him captain my linebackers would be upset that i signed a new, young, troublemaking guy and none of them would hesitate to speak out to the media. if i make shawne merriman my captain, the linebackers would be happy because he's proven and a team player. there would then be less players speaking out to the media and having low approval ratings. these captains (and they dont have to be captains, they could be "position leaders) could then be the mediary between those players and the coach. for instance, if jabar gaffney is unhappy about his playing time i might get a message from randy moss that says "coach, jabar gaffney has been telling me he's unhappy about his playing time. you might want to take care of this before it's a problem." at the same time, if my wide receiver captain was terrell owens, i might not hear anything about it except from the media. since coaches spend most of their time managing these personalities, they always have allies on the team to help them be everywhere at all times. i'd love for this to be included.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #55
MVP

23) "Pardon me, ma'am, (speaking to the GM's front office secretary) could you help me, I'm Coach SloeyEZ, I'm looking for my office?
"You don't have an office, Coach, and welcome to Buffalo!"
(
Attempting to hide the dejected look on his face) "Thank you...Oh, I don't have an office? Well, ok, that's ok, but please tell me where do I go to see our team's accomplishments, such as Lombardi Trophies, Hunt Trophies, Coach of the Year Trophies, Game Balls, Defensive Team of the year, GM secretary of the year trophy?" (He winks at the 50-something year old secretary)
"As far as I know you have to depend on the exhuberation and memories that supposedly last a lifetime on the gentle rivers of your mind."

[Twilight Zone music]... anyway, back to reality, I miss not having an office to see your trophies and see the offfice upgrade as the owner embellished you with materialistic gifts to try and buy your loyalty until he fires you mid-season when you're 4-4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #56
MVP

Well, I just finished my first season from pre-draft to pre-draft. I finshed 10-6 6th seed and beat the undefeated Colts to go to the AFC championship game...which I lost. (oh yeah, I'm coaching the Bills) I'll probably repeat a bit of this when I finally do my "impressions" post but there are some things I thought definitely belonged on the wish list.

24) During the draft it would be nice to be able to do some sorting and arranging of draftees based on % scouted and individual attributes if known including the +/- attributes such as descending +++/++/+ by the categories. (Big School, Strength, etc)

25) A written transcript (call it a newspaper if it makes you feel better) of what Adam says and also what appears on the ticker. I know a lot of this information is in the "NFL News" tab, but it is a bit hard to manage there.

26) It's been said before but we really need more congruency on the screens when having to make a decision. What I mean by that is that when we are having to make the decision of hiring/firing or signing/resigning we need to be able to access personal info (player cards & coach cards) while making our decision. I found it humurous that we are given over 30 mins of real time once we are on the (hire/fire screen) yet we have no access to information. If we leave the screen to look at info then you only have seconds instead of the 30+ minutes you had when you were inside the hire/fire screen

27) It is absolutely imperative that we know what our potential coaches have to offer before we hire them. I found this the least functional part of this game. HC 06 had it right in theory although not in execution, where you interviewed your coaches and that was supposed to reveal their attributes. It would need to be improved on in its actual application, but knowing the attributes of your coaches is a must and is probably the only part of this game that totally destroys the ability to completely immerge myself in the simulation. I would probably make this #1 with a bullet on things I'd like to see in future expansions/releases.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »