Home

What we'd like to see if there are future releases of HC

This is a discussion on What we'd like to see if there are future releases of HC within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you rather have a new release every year or update via patches you pay for?
New Release every year ala Madden 35 37.63%
Patch every 6 months (maybe $9.99 to $19.99?) to a year with a New Release every few years 58 62.37%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: What we'd like to see if there are future releases of HC

I'm surprised to see the yearly release is gaining in the poll. It was 80% in favor of patches/expansions after 10 votes...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 08:11 PM   #66
MVP

29) Even though the OP was talking about real life, I'm kinda warming up to the idea of choosing x amount of plays to put in a "gamecard" with 1st, 2nd&long 2nd & med 2nd&short 3rd & long...etc

that way we'd have quick access to plays we wanted to run based on situation and preference, but still have all plays in our playbook available elsewhere...

sort of like a sub playbook I guess. It also would be nice to put the first 15 plays in order to simulate a "script" of your first 15 plays.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:46 PM   #67
MVP

30) I almost feel like this should go in the patch thread...in fact I'll copy there also, but #30 is on the roster we should be able to see unsigned players that we drafted. There should be a tab for players based on their contract status including unsigned players that you drafted. In the player roadmap there are statuses based on their contract so I'm surprised that unsigned players do not show up anywhere unless you look at your draft results, but that doesn't differentiate between signed/unsigned players. Can this go in the patch?
Old 09-12-2008, 05:55 PM   #68
MVP

Old 09-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

I pretty much consider this the first version of head coach so I am sure there will be changes.

If the changes were able to be made this year? Perfect lol but not expected.

Some things I noticed that could be improved.

1. Being able to look at a players bio anywhere. From trade screens, draft screens, contract screens

2. Being alerted to when a player is back from injury

3. Having the ability to approach a player about contract issues rather then wait for them to pop up on the clip board.

4. A much more managable playbook. I am lost in that thing.

5. Post game conferences, half time speeches, etc ( to help with approval )

6. When a player is injured, his ratings should reflect that when looking over the depth chart / roster

7. In game visual combine

8. A more indepth trade block.

9. Owners & coaches meetings when it comes to player evaluations

10. A players demand itself on what position and spot on the depth chart they would like to have. Free agency comes to mind with this.

11. Get off that 08 engine

12. Coaches listing of college & current pro coaches. This would make it easier on deciding to let a certain coach go for the possibility of another becoming a free agent. Being able to cycle through coaches instead of bidding on them blindly.

A DETAILED MANUAL.

That is all for now
Old 09-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #70
MVP

31) An April release date

It would be nice if the launch of this game coincided with the off-season just as Madden coincides with pre-season. That would also allow more replay value for that first draft year. Plus, being a student I could enjoy it all summer instead of having to buy the Madden CE just so I can play it two weeks before school started
Old 09-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #71
Rookie

Frog-Face-Frown's Arena

OVR: 2

Bulking up players would be nice, too many skinny lineman so a diet-conditoning system would be nice. More practice time and playbook learning and I wish they kept the way the first head coach implemented the on field practice. It's hard to access players when I can't see them in practice. Conditioning drills & team workouts. More scouting opions and maybe watching the senior bowl. Can't think of more right now. I'd love to also be able to grab a player by the facemask during a practice session and scream in his face if he's messing up.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 09:09 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

instead of having "generic" depth chart positions(qb, rb, wr, de, dt, etc) with each having a set philosophy, id like to suggest what is imo a better way for the future HC, and these are using my prefrences

1st and long DE:balanced
2nd and long DE:undersized speed
2nd and medium DE:balanced
2nd and short DE:run stopping
3rd and long DE:undersized speed
3rd and medium DE:undersized speed
3rd and short DE:run stopping

this could go on for most postions(like rb,wr, de,dt, lb,and db) and each situation would have its own order

this is from my other post "depth chart/team philosophy suggestions"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »