Home

Spreadsheets/Player Tracking

This is a discussion on Spreadsheets/Player Tracking within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #9
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Spreadsheets/Player Tracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
what kind of info/columns/categories should be on the spreadsheet? Maybe I can try to come up with one
I'm not sure. Thats why I was interested to see what other guys had set up in theirs.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:39 AM   #10
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

Here's what I see so far, but what do I know?

By position: for starters, backups, projected free agents and projected draft picks .... columns for age, ratings, salary issues and other (you could put in something that intrigued like, like an especially high or low rating or a hunch or whatever).

Attached is something I've whipped up. I'm the type who wants to see the info on a piece of paper in front of me, even if it's on various screens I could flip to in-game.

The lines above the First Dark Line for each position are for starters and backups on current roster. The other two sections for each position are for Available Free Agents and Potential Draft Picks.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Head Coach Team Summary.doc (383.5 KB, 359 views)

Last edited by chuckm1961; 08-21-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:56 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have one that tracks draft picks. I'm the type of person who likes to know if the trades I made in a draft were worth it. I've got a spreadsheet that tracks the year, round, pick #, how I acquired the pick, who I took, and what their potential ended up being. I also keep track of what was done with the picks I traded away. This way down the road I can see who I've drafted and what, if anything, I gave up for them, as well as what was taken with the pick I gave up. See who really got the better end of the deal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 10:58 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

hey chuck...i just downloaded ur spreadsheet...im gonna fix it for a 3-4 defense but thanks for posting it man....it helps a lot
Old 08-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #13
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

Thanks. I like my new one better. It's attached.

First column is supposed to be for rating. Second column is name. Third column is age. Fourth is for contract information.

Space below the dark line is for potential FA's or Draft Picks.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Head Coach Team Sheet.doc (234.0 KB, 205 views)
Old 08-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like this one too, I think I will make the rating column a little bigger so I can put their potential as well. I can also use the space to the left of the position name to denote where on my needs list (provided in the game) that position lies, since a lot of times the needs directly affect your goals for FA/Draft. Thanks for uploading this!
Old 08-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

Wow, and I thought I was nerdy. You guys have spreadsheets and charts. I just go old school and jot stuff down on a notepad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 02:30 PM   #16
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
Wow, and I thought I was nerdy. You guys have spreadsheets and charts. I just go old school and jot stuff down on a notepad.
Yeah, baby! I'm the nerdiest!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »