Home

Default Sliders

This is a discussion on Default Sliders within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 12:51 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Default Sliders

Pimping: Finally Gore gets it going...lol.

It seems it take awhile for some RB to get it going in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 03:26 AM   #42

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
Pimping: Finally Gore gets it going...lol.

It seems it take awhile for some RB to get it going in this game.
No kidding, I spent every week practicing something rushing related, blocking etc, and still was having no luck. Im not going to get too excited until we can do it more consistently but its a step in the right direction. Part of the reason I did so well was Buffalo didnt continue to stack the line in 3-WR sets, other teams had been doing that previously so it was always hard to run when I dont have a lead blocker and only 5 lineman and a TE agianst their 4 DL and 3 LB's, obviously 7 vs 6 isnt good for me. Thats the entire problem with Martz' playbook, there isnt anything with a lead blocker unless you go with goaline formation and then they stack it so you still cant get much accomplished.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #43
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Pimping,

I'm not trying to dismiss possible/potential issues with the gameplay, although I am EXTREMELY happy with this game in all regards, but take a look at the Lions the past few seasons, Kitna especially, in regards to statistics within the passing game. Martz's offense puts up those kinds of numbers and to be honest, Alex Smith is younger and more "moldable" than a Kitna so I honestly wouldn't be surprised one bit to see those sort of #'s out of Smith or out of Gore for that matter (look at the Lions rushing #'s the past few seasons).

I'm a huge Lions fan and your posts remind me of the Lions the past few seasons...minus all of the wins!

Great thread guys. What do you all have for penalty sliders? The only thing I am changing is FG and kickoff power which I have set at 75 and 25 respectively. Are those good?
Old 08-22-2008, 09:48 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am using the Lions for my franchise and they are frustrating, no defense at all. So throw me some tips Mike!

pimpin,
I did just play the niners and their scouting report showed their play mix as 91/9 overall. I'm not sure what it means, but I think it is intersting given the problems reported with running the ball in San Fran.

I show some success running with Michael Turner (FA) and Mendenhall (draft), but i have to pass to move the offense. My play mix is a good percentage I think, but my yardage is less than I would like it. I did have a career going with the Steelers until the salary bug stopped me and i was running with Parker very well. IIRC he was getting just over 100 yds a game on around 5 a carry.
For the Lions, I cant stop the passing game and that is what is killing me. In back to back games i was torched by grossman (16/18-300+) and tavaris jackson (perfect QB rating). But grossman did throw a pick i returned for a TD. Jackson completed 3 LONG passes for TDs, but that i think was because my DBs cant tackle. They also are very in experienced and truth be told, not very good, so maybe i should be getting torched.

KO power i have set at 35 now and i am seeing nearly kickoffs be returned. the CPU seems to kick the to the goal line of just inside the end zone and mine are to the 8 or 10. most of these are in a dome too, wind will really affect them in my experience. I dont mind this setting, i want returns, but it might be too much I think i have had returns for a TD in all but one game, just KOs of course.

I had my FG power at 75 and i made some FGs from the 40s, so i thought i was fine until hanson missed a 45 yarder short. i have taken to supersimming FGs only.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:48 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
No kidding, I spent every week practicing something rushing related, blocking etc, and still was having no luck. Im not going to get too excited until we can do it more consistently but its a step in the right direction. Part of the reason I did so well was Buffalo didnt continue to stack the line in 3-WR sets, other teams had been doing that previously so it was always hard to run when I dont have a lead blocker and only 5 lineman and a TE agianst their 4 DL and 3 LB's, obviously 7 vs 6 isnt good for me. Thats the entire problem with Martz' playbook, there isnt anything with a lead blocker unless you go with goaline formation and then they stack it so you still cant get much accomplished.
Co-signed. Which is why like I told you I created a play with 2 WRs a TE and a FB and run it up the middle but they still stack it on me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #46
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsemillArmy
For the Lions, I cant stop the passing game and that is what is killing me. In back to back games i was torched by grossman (16/18-300+) and tavaris jackson (perfect QB rating). But grossman did throw a pick i returned for a TD. Jackson completed 3 LONG passes for TDs, but that i think was because my DBs cant tackle. They also are very in experienced and truth be told, not very good, so maybe i should be getting torched.
Wow, this game IS realistic!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:02 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Wow, this game IS realistic!
Thats why i dont get too excited when i am losing, I think the Lions are bad on defense, plus i have had injuries which have caused me to play CBs with little or no experience in the league and/or playbook understanding. And now that i think of it, the bad plays are not happening near the only good CB, it is always the other side of the field, so maybe players being out of position is causing all the long plays.

I am 2-3 now, and i want to be able to stick around at least for one more year. Even though I have been trying to avoid the class spoilers, I know I have the QB class coming in, so that will be my first pick, and the draft is also deep in RE, LE. So I am hoping to get some good talent there to go with my 2 nice DTs i just drafted this year (87 and 88 overall already). All I will need is some DB help and I am making the playoffs next year.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 9

I play on default except for the FG and I just lost to the Seachickens 24-21

Here are some stats

Culpepper - 14-23 60% 159yards 0td 1ints 1 rush td - Left in the 3rd with a injury
Alexa Smith - 10-17 58% 139yards 1td 0 ints - Almost had another crazy comeback
Gore - 13 carries 87 yards 1 td - Great numbers too bad 77 of those yards came off a one run

Hasselbeck - 19-36 52% 259yards 3 tds 0 ints - Shocker 0 picks. We dropped about 80
Mo Morris - 31 carries 129 yards 4.1avg. He killed me in the 2nd half I couldn't stop him.

Edit - Culpepper's injury wasn't revealed until after the game. Torn MCL out for the year. Oh go. ITS ALEXA TIME! *resigns JT O'Sullivan* O:-)

Last edited by JoeMimic; 08-22-2008 at 10:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »