Home

Away with sliders: Supersim discussion

This is a discussion on Away with sliders: Supersim discussion within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Away with sliders: Supersim discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
Minor- but one thing Ive notice in super sim is that none of your starters would get counted as a start for your team, this is the case when playing on feild too. Simming regular the problem doesnt happen
Well thats a nice way to avoid incentives, heh.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Im in the middle of my 2nd season and i've been simming every game just because i was getting more realistic stats that way. I started the Skins and just drafted Ozzie and i've noticed that he and Portis have been splitting carries pretty much 50/50...

Which is great but kindof odd because i still have the team philosophy for RB set to workhorse... *shrug*

Plus when u sim the game literally takes like a second and u have the results.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:02 PM   #11
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

I think the best why to go is to sim OLD SCHOOL style, I get realistic stats that why plus my backups play and not to mention my starters actually get counted as a start......this game is screaming for a PATCH!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDunc
Im in the middle of my 2nd season and i've been simming every game just because i was getting more realistic stats that way. I started the Skins and just drafted Ozzie and i've noticed that he and Portis have been splitting carries pretty much 50/50...

Which is great but kindof odd because i still have the team philosophy for RB set to workhorse... *shrug*

Plus when u sim the game literally takes like a second and u have the results.
Ya I have no idea if coach philosophy affects sim.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:37 PM   #13
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDunc
The RB philosophy will only affect your team's view of his overall grade (e.g., the workhorse philosophy factors in durability and toughness more than the other philosophies). It won't affect his actual playing time in the game.

Did you try changing your trainer's fatigue philosophy? That's really the only thing that will affect when players gets subbed in/out.

Let me know if that changes anything for you. We're looking into substitution issues now.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Agreed. Whenever I change my substitution philosophy, the carry difference is dramatic. For my Bengals, I have the substitution philosoph to sub a low fatigue and injury, basically meaning rudi get 30 carries a game. But in an earlier career, when I changed it to sub at medium fatigue or high fatigue, I'd almost never see my starter break 20 carries.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:42 AM   #15
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
Minor- but one thing Ive notice in super sim is that none of your starters would get counted as a start for your team, this is the case when playing on feild too. Simming regular the problem doesnt happen
I just tried this and the majority of my starters were credited with the start. Everyone on offense and only a few on defense did not...not sure why but perhaps they were not a part of the defensive package (although I'm nearly certain I called 4-3 so they should have been).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #16
Rookie

uiucjpo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EonBlue
However, the one thing I haven't figured out yet is how to put subs in, other than adjusting the depth chart.
What I do is pause the game in supersim and go to the health and fatigue menu and manually "keep out" tired players and "let them play" when they recover. I check this about twice a quarter.

It really works well and makes roster depth matter. I also notice how much less fatigue they have during the week and late in the season when I manage this well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »