Home

head coach skills question

This is a discussion on head coach skills question within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
head coach skills question

I started with a created coach and do not have the guide. Whatare the most important skills/special skills to get good as quickly as possible? I spent most on team chem qb/rb ath level2 and the 15 precent off future special skills. Do I need to bump HC play call skills or on the "ask coach" button on game day is that the OC/DC calls? Should I build skills toward the players and invest the plauy skills to the OC/DC instead? Skill points are slow to come by please advise. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: head coach skills question

I like raising team chemistry and performance to start out with, then work on the training skills. I can't really say there's a "wrong" way to go about it, it's a matter of personal taste and building something that's good for your team.

Creating a coach puts you at a significant disadvantage, so you're kind of stuck building the spots that are weaknesses for your team.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10

Also, you sort of have to know the team. For me taking the Viks...I knew about there strong OL and DL so I didn't spend as much on that area. I put alot also on team chemisty and game performance. In the special skills...took the film analyse.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think the best skill I've run into is the "Motivator" which raises every players potential by about 3.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I like raising team chemistry and performance to start out with, then work on the training skills. I can't really say there's a "wrong" way to go about it, it's a matter of personal taste and building something that's good for your team.

Creating a coach puts you at a significant disadvantage, so you're kind of stuck building the spots that are weaknesses for your team.
I'm not knocking anyone here, I'm just curious as to why you would buy a sim and not create a new coach?

Again, not saying it's a bad thing, I just would like to know what pleasure you get from knowing it's not really you coaching? I don't think I'm expressing myself well here, but hopefully someone will pick up the ball and run with it

p.s. no penalties for overuse of football metaphors in this forum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I'm not knocking anyone here, I'm just curious as to why you would buy a sim and not create a new coach?

Again, not saying it's a bad thing, I just would like to know what pleasure you get from knowing it's not really you coaching? I don't think I'm expressing myself well here, but hopefully someone will pick up the ball and run with it

p.s. no penalties for overuse of football metaphors in this forum
Iunno... I make my own, I'm just saying, it does leave you at a disadvantage compared to using a premade one.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

The 'QB Read' skills under the 'Special Abilities' tab really helps your QB's make better decisions in-game.

I've invested most of my coaching points in these abilities and J****ssell has progressed at a very rapid pace because of it.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:34 PM   #8
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I play with the current coach because I want to sim the situation that the team is in. I am the current coach in this situation so I am doing the coaching. If I create a new coach, the strengths of the team can drasticly change and the team is not in the same situation it will be in this year. I am coaching the Packers. Why would the Packers be in a situation this year with a rookie inexperienced head coach?

I will play with a created coach too. It just ads to the replay experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »