Home

Who is your favorite rookie?

This is a discussion on Who is your favorite rookie? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:58 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Who is your favorite rookie?

if you redo the draft look for QB Josh Johnson, got him in the seventh round and his potential is a 93
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 11:27 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

When I first staretd with my Bucs *pre draft, I traded down, ALOT, and picked up a slew of guys with potential.

After an undefeated season and thumping the Colts in my first Super Bowl, I am partial to Andre Woodson. Earl Bennett and Mario Manningham also did me proud as Joey Galloway tore everything in the preseason. Mcl,pcl acl...if it ended in cl he tore it=p

I was disappointed in Ray Rice, but that may due to running grudens west coast offense.

I am now at my 2nd draft and am trying to decide if I should trade up to the top 15 to grab Mister Wright for Derrick Brooks successor. I also have the Barry Sanders clone in this draft. He usually has fallen into the late first early 2nd round.

Peace=)
Old 08-20-2008, 11:51 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmode
Where is the Darren McFadden love? When people start there new franchises before the 08 draft they always talk about Andre Woodson and his 93 potential. That is great, but the last time I checked, McFadden has 99 potential in the right system. He also has the "Driven" personality trait, which means he developes twice as fast. Did I mention he has 99 potential?
Because Andre Woodson is on the board when everyone drafts. McFadden's gone within the first 5 picks.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #28
Rookie

I think people underestimate the value of a 99 OVR running back. 99 OVR RB is more useful than a 99 OVR QB, in this game anyway.

Also, quick question: When is a draft class cycle selected? When is it determined that in year 2 I will be getting the Jack English draft? Is the simmed period between the Draft and the Preseason?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #29
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmode
I think people underestimate the value of a 99 OVR running back. 99 OVR RB is more useful than a 99 OVR QB, in this game anyway.

Also, quick question: When is a draft class cycle selected? When is it determined that in year 2 I will be getting the Jack English draft? Is the simmed period between the Draft and the Preseason?
It is determined as soon as you start your career. And if you quit and back out, it remembers the class you just had and chooses between the others before using that same class again.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #30
Rookie

I had drafted Kelly James at 18 with the Niners, and also picked up Jake Scott in the 5th or something like that. Potential of 89 and 91...good stuff there. Alex Smith was coming into his own in the Martz Offense(now the Jim Caldwell offense...Martz HC in Miami), but Alex wanted too much money. Traded him to the Lions for a 3rd rounder after 5 games, and a 4-1 record. Kelly James got the start(after like 1 or 2 years of waiting) and he has lead the team to a 10-2 record.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've had some good players drafted, even some great ones (especially on the O-Line)...but nobody compares to Mike Dufree.

Mike Dufree is the greatest fullback of all time.

He had a game in the playoffs with 120 receiving yards and 110 rushing yards. He almost always gets 4-5 yards a run.

Also, at the moment, he's my top kick returner.

He has like 8 rushing and five receiving TD's last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Felix Jones (HB). He has 96 potential. Is he the Barry Sanders clone or is there a better one? I'm playing as the Lions so I draft in the middle of the pack first round and all my 2nd round picks were traded away for 2008. FIRE MILLEN!

Last edited by BocephusTyrant; 08-21-2008 at 03:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »