Home

Who is your favorite rookie?

This is a discussion on Who is your favorite rookie? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Who is your favorite rookie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Andre Woodson for me in my attempt to revive the Atlanta Falcons. Still in pre-season but his potential is 93.

Josh if I am not mistakent potential and OVR ratings are tied in to your positional philosphies? No?

Andre Woodson by far and he can be drafted in the 6th round and maybe even the 7th for the Rookie minimum. I also like Josh Johnson but he wont last past rnd 4 very often even though his potential is 93 also he has a harder time getting his Pass ACC up to par.

Last edited by badboywes; 08-22-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BocephusTyrant
Felix Jones (HB). He has 96 potential. Is he the Barry Sanders clone or is there a better one? I'm playing as the Lions so I draft in the middle of the pack first round and all my 2nd round picks were traded away for 2008. FIRE MILLEN!
I traded up and drafted Jones for the Lions. He is pretty good, even in year 1 without any knowledge of the playbook.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

I had amazing success with Early Doucet and Matt Ryan in Miami before the injury bug.

And I did a Bengals one but ended up not sticking with it but I got DMC at #9 so he doesn't always go in the top 5.

Anyway, I've stuck with the Bears and so far, Maceo Sweetney is the highest potential guy I've gotten (97), but its been Jared May that's been outstanding for me. I got him at the end of the 1st round in the Luke Rambis draft and he won ROTY his 1st season (led me to superbowl win) and MVP his 2nd (also a superbowl win). My best steal by far has been Jim Prosser, an undrafted QB from season after Rambis, I picked him up as a 1 overall, but he has 89 potential and is a 81 one season later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2008, 11:43 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Watch out for Enoka the 7 Footer!!! Nebraska's Enoka Oshinowo is a beast and will keep your QB's blindside protected for years to come.

Also, can't wait til somebody gets toward the end of the 15 years, maybe they will see the Milbank twin brother QB's who are suppposed to go #1/#2 in the draft!! They are from Florida and Florida State respectively, safe to say they have a little rivalry brewing!
i would seriously genuflect if you guys planned HC so deep and detailed all the way to 15 years in the future..

LOL most 'chises don't even get to 5 years... but holy crap

15?

replayability definitely is a strength then here!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:44 AM   #37
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Hester out of LSU usually gets me a pretty good chunk of yards whenever I hand him the ball.

Flacco's a bust so far, but I also took Woodson later.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:11 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was gonna say Montario Tartt III, great WR compared to Terrell Owens, or even Jarvin Warren, who won OROTY for me with over 1100+ yards rushing, but since i recently aquired Darren McFadden, i gotta go with him even though the others are great players and contributers. So maybe he isnt a rookie now, he was selected 6th overall by the Jets and won the OROTY that year but due to a game changer dislocated his knee tripping over a hose in his driveway. That wouldnt have been more than 4-6 weeks out in the offseason but b/c i have the injury bug, and ive worked too hard to wanna start over so he was out his entire 2nd year with the Jets. During the beginning of the offseason I saw a ticker that said he was unhappy with how the team and was thinking of demanding a trade. Well when i saw that i jumped on it and traded my 2011 1st and 3rd rounders for him. I was still disappointed that he wouldnt be playing until the patch came out but I wanted this guy. He is a 87 with a 97 potential as a HB, but he could also be a QB with a 97 potential and a 94 potential at WR. Trust me i will be using him out of the backfield a lot plus with some substitutions at QB and WR. Then something fantastic happened, I got a game changer that "miraculously" healed McFadden after seeing a miracle healer. So now he can play, thank god for game changers!
Old 08-31-2008, 12:15 AM   #39
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I drafted Mike Peterson in the 7th round of the 08 draft....he's a TE with 86 potential and compared to Antonio Gates
Old 08-31-2008, 10:54 AM   #40
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

As the broncos i picked up woodson as an unsigned rookie and he is an 88 with a 93 potential and is my starter. I traded cutler for some draft picks.
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »