Home

Who is your favorite rookie?

This is a discussion on Who is your favorite rookie? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2008, 02:24 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Who is your favorite rookie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacFrog
Johnson and Woodson absolutely sucked for me. not a great draft class for QBs really, haven't tried Brohm or Henne but Ryan is a beast. K.Robinson also sucked for me, he dropped almost every pass no matter how open he was. Dre Moore is an absolute monster, after the first season, he's like a top 3 DT in the NFL. i haven't been able 2 get him yet though. Red Bryant is also a very good DT in the draft and I picked up Eric Baker undrafted. He's a defensive end with 92 speed and decent size. I moved him to OLB on my bears team and hes gonna be starting LE for my Titans team.
Playing as the Chiefs, the season expectations are low so I could afford to live with the growing pains and play the young guys

WR K.Robinson starts with low learning, but once he's coached up he's big, fast, and can catch in traffic.

QB J.Johnson turns into a beast. As a rookie starter for the Chiefs he had 3300 yrds passing, 550 yrds rushing, 20 TD's, 19 Int's, 54 sacks. Pre bye-week QB rating 64, end of 1st season QB rating 79. As a sophmore, he was the MVP....he was unstoppable. (QB rating 133)

I almost drafted Red Bryant, now I wish I had. Another good DT to go along with D.Moore would have been nice. (Moore's done so well, I haven't found the urgency to fill that hole. Shame on me.)
Old 08-31-2008, 02:27 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've seen a lot of posts around the board (maybe not in this thread) pimping Glenn Dorsey from the first draft class, talking about how much of a monster he is.

Well, to display that, you have to stay on the field. If you start out with the Chiefs, avoid him at all costs - in fact, avoid anyone the first year with a durability of less than 92, if possible. The trainer just sucks.

Honestly...in 3 seasons, Dorsey has played in exactly 5 regular season games. After the 3rd trip to the IR, I traded him and ate the massive penalty, saving $9MIL+ a year.

As for a fave, I'd have to echo the thoughts on Avery. Kid's a freak and returned 4 Kicks for TD's his rookie year. Passed Bowe in year 2 and hasn't looked back. He sadly spent a bit of time injured, too, before I was able to get a trainer who actually knows the difference between an Ace bandage and a cucumber in the first Off-Season.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach3K
I've seen a lot of posts around the board (maybe not in this thread) pimping Glenn Dorsey from the first draft class, talking about how much of a monster he is.

Well, to display that, you have to stay on the field. If you start out with the Chiefs, avoid him at all costs - in fact, avoid anyone the first year with a durability of less than 92, if possible. The trainer just sucks.

Honestly...in 3 seasons, Dorsey has played in exactly 5 regular season games. After the 3rd trip to the IR, I traded him and ate the massive penalty, saving $9MIL+ a year.

As for a fave, I'd have to echo the thoughts on Avery. Kid's a freak and returned 4 Kicks for TD's his rookie year. Passed Bowe in year 2 and hasn't looked back. He sadly spent a bit of time injured, too, before I was able to get a trainer who actually knows the difference between an Ace bandage and a cucumber in the first Off-Season.
KC's trainer is a 1, and Glenn Dorsey has a low individual injury for his leg (right leg I think it was). Because of the low skilled trainer Dorsey will (usually) tear his ACL, MCL, or PCL. I actually had him tear all three.

Worse yet, the 2nd season with a new trainer doesn't matter because Dorsey is already screwed up with an even lower injury rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »