Home

Who is your favorite rookie?

This is a discussion on Who is your favorite rookie? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Icon5 Who is your favorite rookie?

Mine is Xavier Cox, I went from no pass rush to a killer pass rush. He had 15 sacks as a rookie but like 27 TFL and came back with 17 sacks and 32 TFL and 7 FF, he won Defensive Player of the Year, it also helped I was able to get Quincy Sims at #10 the following year. They are a monster duo.

I am actually having a blast now with my defensive and creating plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Who is your favorite rookie?

Mendenhall has been a beast for me. I'm seriously considering trading Willie because I also have Gary Russell. He's an 85 overall (Willie's 86) and gets 4-6 yards a carry. He catches passes well and overall is just playing great.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I started in the preseason and haven't made it to the draft yet, but my favorite rookie on my team is Chris Horton. He has like 92 hit power and 90+ spd and accel, rated like 85 OVR with ~87 potential. He plays much better than his OVR rating. I blitz him all the time, I'm not sure of his defense stats so far this season but they have to be good. Dude is a disrupting force. Lining up next to LaRon Landry makes for one fast hard hitting safety duo, haha.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
I started in the preseason and haven't made it to the draft yet, but my favorite rookie on my team is Chris Horton. He has like 92 hit power and 90+ spd and accel, rated like 85 OVR with ~87 potential. He plays much better than his OVR rating. I blitz him all the time, I'm not sure of his defense stats so far this season but they have to be good. Dude is a disrupting force. Lining up next to LaRon Landry makes for one fast hard hitting safety duo, haha.
I have a couple, but I'm biased.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Andre Woodson for me in my attempt to revive the Atlanta Falcons. Still in pre-season but his potential is 93.

Josh if I am not mistakent potential and OVR ratings are tied in to your positional philosphies? No?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 04:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

hey josh....whats ur favorite man???

how about the most chuckle worthy names?
Old 08-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman Mafia
hey josh....whats ur favorite man???

how about the most chuckle worthy names?
Watch out for Enoka the 7 Footer!!! Nebraska's Enoka Oshinowo is a beast and will keep your QB's blindside protected for years to come.

Also, can't wait til somebody gets toward the end of the 15 years, maybe they will see the Milbank twin brother QB's who are suppposed to go #1/#2 in the draft!! They are from Florida and Florida State respectively, safe to say they have a little rivalry brewing!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Jerrod Mayo. He's a stud at LOLB. Ironically, though, he has only 84 potential, so I lost approval points for drafting him.

I also have Andre Woodson, at 92 potential, but haven't played him yet. We'll ease him in real slowly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »