Home

Old 08-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #1
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18
PS3 Freezes

Guys, I need more info on the PS3 Freeze. Can you tell me exactly when it is happening and what seems to be causing it?

If we can find some common elements, it will help me reproduce it. (just like the injury bug)

Again, If I can't reproduce this common freeze, we can't fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 12:10 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: PS3 Freezes

I've had 3 freezes so far. To the best of my recollection:

1) Was true freeze. Audio/Video frozen no response from any button actions etc... I believe it was during preseason and I was heading back to the main screen after a preseason game.

2) true freeze again. preaseason>coin toss screen

3) "Eternal loading" Week 2 of career (Buf) mode "Loading" (Buf@Jax) On splash screen that says "Loading" and trivia kept running and changing. I think I got to read almost every trivia bit though

PS3=40gb less than a month old...do you want serial # or anything useful like that? PM if you want any additional info I guess

Had to shutdown for all 3 incidents.

Oh, one last thing... is there any gameplay difference whether you're hooked up online or not? (besides seeing the ticker)

Last edited by SloeyEZ; 08-20-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have a PS3 80GB I recently got with the MGS4 package. I'm playing in pre season and it freezes during the week sometimes after I select a gameplan but before the results show up, sometimes while waiting for the next item to come up on the clip board. I know a freeze has happened because the clock on the clip board stops. If I press the start button the game will show a spinning hourglass in the lower left corner and something to the effect "completing operation". I've never had a freeze during a game.

Solving this problem is most important to me. I'll be glad to try to test some scenarios to try and pin this down.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

40GB PS3. Brand new system as well.

Freezes mostly during the draft for me. The audio cuts out and the NFL network screen stays up with the guy talking (never dissappears) but you can't hear anything, the game lags terribly and then it freezes. Usually when I advance the pick or do something when im simulating in the draft, or when I change screens, it seems to lag the game. I usually never have any trouble unless the NFL Network screen comes up or the GM talks then if I advance or do anything simulation wise the audio cuts out and that screen stays up. When you save the game, the screen then dissapears but it takes 2 minutes to save under these conditions, there still is no audio but the game freezes shortly after the initial save.

I also have a problem with the game itself when I initially load it up. The screen stays loading with the facts still cycling, but the game never loads, it stays on that screen. Thats been the newest thing. This has happened in the initial pre-season game or random games during the season.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I do have an online connection going while playing running on a HDTV with component cables. Hope that helps.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

More food for thought. I do remember a couple of years ago, one of the MLB 2k games having trouble with their games because the laser on the newer XBOX 360's wouldnt correctly read the disc. I think Madden had the same trouble last year if I remember with some of the systems. Not sure how they fixed it but it was patched because I was one of those lucky XBOX 360 owners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #6
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHound
I have a PS3 80GB I recently got with the MGS4 package. I'm playing in pre season and it freezes during the week sometimes after I select a gameplan but before the results show up, sometimes while waiting for the next item to come up on the clip board. I know a freeze has happened because the clock on the clip board stops. If I press the start button the game will show a spinning hourglass in the lower left corner and something to the effect "completing operation". I've never had a freeze during a game.

Solving this problem is most important to me. I'll be glad to try to test some scenarios to try and pin this down.
Are these happening in the 1st preseason?

How long had you had the game on before it happened?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
Rookie

My 60GB PS3 has frozen a few times playing the game. Each time its happened, the audio cuts out first and then a little bit afterwards it will freeze. It has happened each time during the draft prior to the first season.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
Rookie

FakeTiger's Arena

Freezing problems here as well. I had the "sound cut out during draft" issue when I first played the game. Had been playing with no problem for about 3 hours before the freeze. After that, it freezes almost every time I play. Normally occurs when loading edit playbook or edit play. When freeze occurs I have to hard reboot the system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »