Home

I STAND CORRECTED ON SLIDERS.

This is a discussion on I STAND CORRECTED ON SLIDERS. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: I STAND CORRECTED ON SLIDERS.

i always thought default sliders played really well. ill make sure to switch back tonight
Old 08-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #18
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Don't test sliders in preseason games, they don't play out the same as regular season games.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:34 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

I tried the sliders out (with INT at 55) in a regular season game and they seemed to work well. The defense covered the receivers more closely than I've seen previously. The running and the DL pressure also seems reasonable. I'll post stats tomorrow night so that there is a greater sampling.

Its weird. How did we get away from the default sliders? and Claystone why did you go back to the default? Just curious.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:46 PM   #20

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by EonBlue
I tried the sliders out (with INT at 55) in a regular season game and they seemed to work well. The defense covered the receivers more closely than I've seen previously. The running and the DL pressure also seems reasonable. I'll post stats tomorrow night so that there is a greater sampling.

Its weird. How did we get away from the default sliders? and Claystone why did you go back to the default? Just curious.
Interesting, I might try that in my next game but my last one wasnt bad at all. Marc Bulger threw 16/25 with a pick so it wasnt over the top either way. Default is definintly the way to go this year.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:07 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 12

Pimping, i thought you might be interested in these stats.

I might do a Texans Franchise Thread.

Well the Texans are 1-1, after beating the Ravens 24-10. Both QB's had a hard time making plays and completing passes. You can say this was a defensive game.

I'm very pleased with HB: S. Gado. He is outplaying J. Jones, which makes me think Jones need to be dropped to 3rd back. I will give Jones one more shot to show me he is my #2 guy.

K. Boller was K. Boller all over the place with 3 ints.

Ravens: 10 - Texans: 24

Texans Passing:
M. Schaub (13 of 24 for 178yds / 0TD / 1 Int / 2 sack / 54% comp) (60.8 QB Rating)

Ravens Passing:
K. Boller (24 of 43 for 263yds / 1TD / 3 Int / 1 sacks / 55%) (52.8 QB Rating)
__________________________________________________ _____________________
Texans Rushing:
R. Rice (24 carries for 40yds / 1TD / 1.6 / 1 fumble)
S. Gado (5 carries for 17yds / 0TD / 3.4 / 0 fumbles)
J. Jones (4 carries for 3yds / 0TD / 0.7 / 0 fumbles)

Ravens Rushing:
C. Taylor (14 carries for 15yds / 0TD / 1.0) (1 fumbles)
__________________________________________________ _____________________

AI SETTINGS

User/Cpu
QB Awareness: 50/50
Pass Blocking: 50/50
WR Catching: 50/50
RB Ability: 50/50
Run Blocking 50/50

Awareness: 50/50
Knockdowns: 50/50
Interceptions: 55/55
Break Block: 50/50
Tackling: 50/50

FG Power: 100/100
FG Accuracy: 100/100
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

PENALTIES SETTINGS

OFFSIDES: 55
FALSE START: 55
HOLDING: 51
FACS MASK: 51
OFF PI: 50
DEF PI: 60
KR/PR INTER: 50
CLIPPING: 55
INTEN GROUND: 52
ROUGH PASSER: 55
ROUGH KICKER: 50

Oh, I forgot to add. I'm working with the "Rams" offense Playbook and "Dallas" defense playbook. My team for this season will in learning mode.

Last edited by claystone; 08-21-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 12:19 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

The running game is either hit or miss. They said they tuned it to have a separation between good and bad backs, but there are a lot of backs in the NFL that can at least consistently avg 4.0 yards a carry and be considered decent. That's just not happening on a consistent basis in Head Coach.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...S&d-447263-n=1

If you look there, most of the RBs average in the 4.0s or high 3s. That's how it should be in Head Coach.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #23

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanalogkid
The running game is either hit or miss. They said they tuned it to have a separation between good and bad backs, but there are a lot of backs in the NFL that can at least consistently avg 4.0 yards a carry and be considered decent. That's just not happening on a consistent basis in Head Coach.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...S&d-447263-n=1

If you look there, most of the RBs average in the 4.0s or high 3s. That's how it should be in Head Coach.
I agree but Im at the point where Im willing to place blame at the feet of my OC Mike Martz and my RG David Baas as one doenst have a good selection of running plays to call and the other cant block for the run to save his life.

On a completely unrelated note, more in response to what claystone mentioned above. Wouldnt it be somewhat refreshing to have the ratings of players hidden and we had to base everything on how they did in game situations? Maybe it isnt an option but I think we get so stuck on ratings at times and ignore a players actual production, not in your case though, but in mine I refuse to bench Gore even though both Foster and Robinson play better when they are on the field. With a game that requires so much I would think this would fit well. I would rather watch a players production in the preseason to see if he is a good fit for my team instead of relying on the crutch of his overall rating. Just an idea is all.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:16 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 12

I'm playing the Titans right now and K. Jones is killing me. He has 16 carries for 94 yards in the 3rd quarter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »