Home

Free up salary cap space

This is a discussion on Free up salary cap space within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Free up salary cap space

I'm in week 6 of year 1 and I'm getting prompts about negotiating new deals for players whose contracts are expiring at the end of the year. Some of these players will be due some big contracts. Upon entering negotiations, I received a message that says that I need to free up cap space in order to sign the player. I can't find anywhere on the clipboard where I can cut anyone to free up space. Can this be done midseason or do I have to wait until the offseason?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Free up salary cap space

Go to the roster section and cut players from there. Just keep in mind that anyone who's penalty is bigger than their cap savings is going to make less cap room. It's quite a pain because many players I want to cut have $10 - $16 million cap penalties. I have to eat their contracts or face going bust.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:07 AM   #3
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Free up salary cap space

cut the scrubs who won't give you penalties.. that is what worked for me. but i screwed myself because of signing some players to bigger contracts which ate cap money for this current season and next

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »