Home

Demo coming to PSN today....

This is a discussion on Demo coming to PSN today.... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Demo coming to PSN today....

...so sayeth the Playstation blog: http://blog.us.playstation.com/

Quote:
Game Demos (free)

The Last Guy Demo
You are the chosen one, a zombie hero from the Himalayan mountains, and it is up to you to rescue the last survivors on Earth by leading them to safety through zombie-infested streets. Make your way through detailed real-world cities, shown from a classic arcade style overhead view, and lead them to the Escape Zone before time runs out in this frantic, addictive game.
Download the demo today!
ESRB Rated E10+
File size: 210 MB

STAR WARS The Force Unleashed Demo
Unleash the full potential of the Force as you embark on an epic journey that takes you from being Darth Vader’s secret apprentice to becoming the galaxy’s first Rebel Agent.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 1.32 GB

NFL Head Coach 09 Demo
Brought to you by EA SPORTS, NFL Head Coach 09 demo gives gamers the opportunity to make all the decisions that a real NFL head coach makes. Gamers can sign free agents, chose gameplans, create plays, scout players and make all the critical calls to build a champion.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 1.26 GB
I would guess the 360 is getting similar treatment, but I don't think I've seen an annoucement on that yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Demo coming to PSN today....

And it's up now. I'm downloading. Any word from the developers as to how much is in the demo?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar
And it's up now. I'm downloading. Any word from the developers as to how much is in the demo?
im guessing itll be a 4th quarter comeback type of thing with a defining moment
Old 08-23-2008, 12:08 AM   #4
Rookie

I finally got the Demo downloaded today. It took 11 1/2 hours. I must have the slowest DSL in the world.

It works great. No freezes.

It's one week with the Colts preparing to play the Bears. Then you get to play the complete game against the Bears.

I finally really appreciate the depth of this game and this demo only scratches the surface.

Great stuff!

Last edited by lrarkman; 08-23-2008 at 03:02 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:31 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrarkman
I finally got the Demo downloaded today. It took 11 1/2 hours. I must have the slowest DSL in the world.

It works great. No freezes.

It's one week with the Colts preparing to play the Bears. Then you get to play the complete game against the Bears.

I finally really appreciate the depth of this game and this demo only scraps the surface.

Great stuff!
The whole 15 minute-quarters game? If that's the case, that's a pretty nice demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 02:30 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
The whole 15 minute-quarters game? If that's the case, that's a pretty nice demo.
Yes all 15 min quarters.

The demo seems to be playing just like everyone has discussed with the full version.

I just finished a great game. Colts 38 Bears 31

Stats
Colts

Passing
Manning 35/53 489 yds 4tds 1nt

Receiving
R Wayne 17rec for 271 yds

Rushing
Addai 8/56 yds (this was nice) He had a great run from a superbly called draw play by the coach.lol

Bears

Wright 16/27 324 3tds 3ints

Receiving
Hester 5 rec 146 (If the computer would have thrown more to him. The bears would have won. He is a beast.)

Rushing
Alexander 23/43 yds

Two things stuck out that have been talked about already on this board.

The bears could not get a ground attack going.

And Vinatieri missed a 44 yarder. The problem: It was about 7 yards short. Later, I was driving at the end of the first half and had to go for a 4&3 on the bears 23 because I didn't think he would hit the FG. In the full version I will be adjusting the kicking power slider.

If you are sitting on the fence about this game, download the demo. You will be sold. This was the best video football game I have played in years. No BS.

Last edited by lrarkman; 08-23-2008 at 03:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »