Home

Now THIS is BIZARRE!!

This is a discussion on Now THIS is BIZARRE!! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2008, 01:45 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Now THIS is BIZARRE!!

I am not sure if this what you are talking about, but I have a stadium announcer every game. No one saying "...for an 8 yard gain."

I have a guy saying "For todays drawing, the lucky fan in seat blah blah has just won an mp3 player." and "Get up and make some noise for your defense." random things like that.

My personal favorite is at halftime he will say something to the effect of "No fans without proper credentials are allowed on the field. Fans who do are subject to ejection and even arrest." That must be for the Philly fans=p

Peace=)
Old 08-23-2008, 02:08 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan1969
I am not sure if this what you are talking about, but I have a stadium announcer every game. No one saying "...for an 8 yard gain."

I have a guy saying "For todays drawing, the lucky fan in seat blah blah has just won an mp3 player." and "Get up and make some noise for your defense." random things like that.

My personal favorite is at halftime he will say something to the effect of "No fans without proper credentials are allowed on the field. Fans who do are subject to ejection and even arrest." That must be for the Philly fans=p

Peace=)

PERFECT! You have helped me because what you're talking about is TOTALLY different than what I am talking about!

I know what you mean, A "PA" announcer. I am talking about some guy who calls the play by play as if you were listening to it on the radio.

Now, I also no longer have the "PA" announcer. All I have is the coach and crowd. THATS IT!

So, this means YOU don't have, and I am assuming, NEVER had a play by play guy. But, there is SUPPOSED to be one!

This needs to be addressed by the EA guy here (can't remember his name) because I am betting this is a widespread bug that they don't even know exists because if you never HAD an announcer then how are you supposed to KNOW there is supposed to be one therfore...no one will be REPORTING it!

Maybe now more people will chime in to tell us whether not they have a play by play guy (MAN I am sick of typing "play by play guy" LOL!)
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."
Old 08-23-2008, 06:12 AM   #11
Rookie

i have totally had the announcer guy u r talking about. He just showed up during one of my games halfway through and i was shocked and then he was gone after that and now i occassionally get him at the last two minute warning of games where he announces that its the two min. warning and then calls plays afterwards but then he will be gone the next game. i thought it was bizarre and wished i knew why this happened or how to get him back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 08:28 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had this happen three different games. It is just the P.A. announcer from Madden 08. Must be some kind of bug that kicks him on. He will come back the next game you play until you restart the system. Then poof he's gone again.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:39 AM   #13
Rookie

yeah so i've never made any adjustments to any kind of audio or anything...

i do hear the guy making announcements like a PA guy but i have never heard any kind of play by play guy whatsoever...

but, i have never had my audio cut out like some people have said is happening. *shrug*
Old 08-23-2008, 08:49 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I can't get the announcer to work. I've tried the sliders some have posted, but to no avail.

IMO, the worst part of the game for me.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

THANK YOU GUYS! Finally I now know I am not loosing my mind LOL!

It really is a drag that this is happening because it is obviously supposed to be a part of the game and it just doesn't work right.

I loved it! To me it helped make the game more exciting. I know a lot of you probably don't really care but I sure do and since it's broken then I would like some kind of answer from the good folks over at EA on whether or not this is going to be fixed via a patch.

I am so happy that the EA guys are listening to us and doing what they can to make their games better. This really brings back some respect that I had previously lost and I do understand just how difficult it is to program a game, ANY game but especially a game as complex as Madden or HC.

I really want my announcer and PA guys back as soon as possible.

I suspect that this problem is on both consoles. I was already planning on picking up the PS3 version if this problem wasn't on that console but now I will wait and see what happens.

I REALLY love this game! As a matter of fact, I may not ever play Madden again.

Well, that's not true LOL!

Again, thanks for the confirmation guys! I really appreciate the help!
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 12:41 PM   #16
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

The announcer is definitely in the game. It happened to me once also during a game and lasted a few qtrs and then POOF! He was gone again! I have also heard those stadium announcements as well. I think there might be some kind of sound bug that isn't letting the announcer come in full time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »