Home

Now THIS is BIZARRE!!

This is a discussion on Now THIS is BIZARRE!! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 11:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Now THIS is BIZARRE!!

I am on my 9th game of the season right, I have been playing every game, no sim. So, all of the sudden, about half way through the game I suddenly get a commentator?!?!?

I mean, what the...???? I was even thinking the other day that it would have been nice if we had some kind of booth and now I have it?

I didnt change any settings or anything so I am assuming you guys have always had this but for some reason mine just decided to start working on my 9th game!

Anyone else have this happen? I love it! But am totally blown away that it NEVER did this before and I have played 9 games! I get this "Barbor up the middle for a gain of 8 yards" and i'm like "WOW!?!"

and now it is calling every play!

Bizarre.
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Now THIS is BIZARRE!!

i don't have a commentator. it is actually pretty dull sometimes during the games because of no noise or anything. I just get the Coordinators screaming sometime.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

umm will you wish Lindsay Lohan to my house please?

I do NOT have play by play. I sure hope it kicks in for me too...Guess I'll stop turning the Announcers off during the game now.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
umm will you wish Lindsay Lohan to my house please?

I do NOT have play by play. I sure hope it kicks in for me too...Guess I'll stop turning the Announcers off during the game now.
Sorry, I shouldn't of said "play by play" but rather announcer. It NEVER worked until my last game which, btw, was the COOLEST game YET! I lost to the Giants by a 3 points and I was on a MAJOR comeback but...it was not to be. They were up 27 -3 at the half (I'm the Cowboys) and the final score was 34-31 : / I threw an INT when it was 3rd and goal and then I missed a 34 yard FG attempt with 32 seconds left to lose a GREAT GAME!

But, back to the announcer thing, that really is strange and I wonder how many more people don't realize there is an announcer because of some bug? I like the announcer. Kind of bland but to me it is better than nothing.

And I as just thinking about this last night then magically my wish was answered LOL!

Anyways, my Cowboys are now 9-1 and so are the Giants. Should be an interesting remaining season!

DAMN I LOVE THIS GAME!! Just hope my announcer doesnt disappear again.
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."
Old 08-22-2008, 01:33 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have had this happen ONE time as well... It is the announce you get when you play NCAA and you do not have a TV game. More like a PA guy, but still kind of cool, not sure where it comes from though!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 01:17 AM   #6
Rookie

I am totally confused about this. So I want to know is this NORMAL?

I mean, are we SUPPOSED to only have an announcer every...I don't...15 games or so?

I am not being sarcastic. I just wonder why nobody else is talking about this. Is it just my disc? There is the OPTION for volume control for the "Announcer" as well as the "PA" but neither one of them work anymore.

Like I said earlier, I had played SEVERAL games and then all of the sudden, I get this announcer dude calling the game loud and clear and then next game, and from then on, nothing! He's gone.

And I want him back.

So, if I go into the audio options and turn down the crowd I literally only get the coaches voice and nothing else. Nothing.

I was REALLY hoping that this was on the patch list but it isn't.

Is EVERYONE getting the announcer? Or most of you?

Thanks for any help! Still love the game and can't wait for the patch!
Old 08-23-2008, 01:23 AM   #7

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Im getting no announcer and never have gotten an announcer. I guess consider yourself lucky for having gotten him for the limited time you had him.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:39 AM   #8
Rookie

Okay, I turned the announcer down and the coach a the bottom left of the screen is now silent.

SO, the play announcer may or may not be connected to this option. I don't know.

I REALLY wish someone from the EA team would clarify this. For ONE GAME I had an announcer calling the game. Play by play. Just one guy but it was great. Not nearly as good as Madden but still a lot better than...NOTHING!

Should I do a poll?

I am starting to think that maybe a huge percentage of folks don't even KNOW that there is SUPPOSED to be a play by play guy because they just never heard it because of some bug.

So, if this bug is so severe that almost NOBOBY has a play by play guy then there is no bug to report because they just don't KNOW theres supposed to be one.

I just want to know, DO YOU HAVE A PLAY BY PLAY ANNOUNCER?

Don't mean to go on and on it's just that I am confused as to whether or not I am in the minority and if, perhaps, it is a 360 dependent problem?

Thanks for ANY help in this matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »