Home

why cant i run the rock?? running tips?

This is a discussion on why cant i run the rock?? running tips? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 12:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
why cant i run the rock?? running tips?

I play the as the Raiders. maybe that is part of the problem. in real life Oakland runs Fargas/DMac/Bush relentlessly to make up for the poor passing game. in HC though, i cant run to save my life. J Russell i passing 250-300 yards a game, and i am wearing out all 5 of my active WR because i cant run. i am 5-2 now, and all the games are close. between 3 runners if i get 20-30 yards it is luck. i have fargas starting because Dmac just gets crushed run after run after run in the back field.

i tried "0" sliders, i tried running ability/blocking to max and i cant find any difference. my last 2 games Russell out ran ALL my RB combined on 2 broken down scrambles for his life. the line is pretty much the real raider line. i have boosted my RB coach to help with run blocking. in the game plan i have "improve running plays" or "improving run blocking" but thing seems to help. once in a blue moon i get Fargas out on a pitch for 5-7 yards if i am lucky. Dmac is rated 85 with a 92 potental and 99 speed but cant do a thing. i havent learned screens so every time i run one Russell gets sacked. in space Dmac is ok if i pass it to him, but i cant run.

what am i missing? i see others totals with 150 yards ect. Dmac dosent have 100 yards all season after 7 games!

any tips??

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: why cant i run the rock?? running tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraziose
I play the as the Raiders. maybe that is part of the problem. in real life Oakland runs Fargas/DMac/Bush relentlessly to make up for the poor passing game. in HC though, i cant run to save my life. J Russell i passing 250-300 yards a game, and i am wearing out all 5 of my active WR because i cant run. i am 5-2 now, and all the games are close. between 3 runners if i get 20-30 yards it is luck. i have fargas starting because Dmac just gets crushed run after run after run in the back field.

i tried "0" sliders, i tried running ability/blocking to max and i cant find any difference. my last 2 games Russell out ran ALL my RB combined on 2 broken down scrambles for his life. the line is pretty much the real raider line. i have boosted my RB coach to help with run blocking. in the game plan i have "improve running plays" or "improving run blocking" but thing seems to help. once in a blue moon i get Fargas out on a pitch for 5-7 yards if i am lucky. Dmac is rated 85 with a 92 potental and 99 speed but cant do a thing. i havent learned screens so every time i run one Russell gets sacked. in space Dmac is ok if i pass it to him, but i cant run.

what am i missing? i see others totals with 150 yards ect. Dmac dosent have 100 yards all season after 7 games!

any tips??

Thanks
He will come around. My back R. Rice was struggling the first 3 games and on the 4th game he's starting to get it. He running much better. You must keep running your HB.

Look at my Texans Franchise stats. Rice is not blowing anyone out of the water but he is making progress.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:55 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 24

It can be rough running in this game, but make sure you ALWAYS run plays your RBs have learned or mastered (I'm sure you already do that). I use the Steelers and their crappy line but I can get 3-5 yards a carry just pounding up the middle.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:04 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
It can be rough running in this game, but make sure you ALWAYS run plays your RBs have learned or mastered (I'm sure you already do that). I use the Steelers and their crappy line but I can get 3-5 yards a carry just pounding up the middle.
i try to run up the middle but it seems like my line is always letting someone in for a clean hit on the back. both my backs cant get outside unless i am facing at 3-4 team.

i hope they will get better. i cant keep throwing to win. hard to run out the clock that way in the rare time i am ahead. any my WR will thank me when we can run the ball. i have 5 active (if i could fine one more place to have inactive, i would run all 6 on my roster out there) thier fatigue just gets railed though the game, and ups the injury or fumble risk.

i have played every game up till this point since this game rocks, but if i sim, do the players get the same experiance as if i played the game?
Old 08-22-2008, 01:07 AM   #5
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

I also play with the Raiders and my team is 3RD in rushing; Fargas and McFadden can be absolute beasts if used correctly. My only bit of advice is to try running the ball from the 'College Attack' playbook (I think that's what its called).

I checked my 'Play Call' history and I currently run the ball 76% of the time; and my favorite formations to run out of are the Maryland I, Flexbone, and Wishbone formations (which all provide excellent blocking schemes in my opinion).
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 01:12 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
I also play with the Raiders and my team is 3RD in rushing; Fargas and McFadden can be absolute beasts if used correctly. My only bit of advice is to try running the ball from the 'College Attack' playbook (I think that's what its called).

I checked my 'Play Call' history and I currently run the ball 76% of the time; and my favorite formations to run out of are the Maryland I, Flexbone, and Wishbone formations (which all provide excellent blocking schemes in my opinion).
i used the default Kiffen playbooks. most of the plays i have avail to be are the runs up the middle, iso, I formation ect and goal line. 3 diff pitch plays and 3 out side hand offs. i master/learned most of the inside ones though but it doesnt seem to make a difference.

where can i find these play books? do i just need to take a deeper look into the play book?
Old 08-22-2008, 01:34 AM   #7
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraziose
i used the default Kiffen playbooks. most of the plays i have avail to be are the runs up the middle, iso, I formation ect and goal line. 3 diff pitch plays and 3 out side hand offs. i master/learned most of the inside ones though but it doesnt seem to make a difference.

where can i find these play books? do i just need to take a deeper look into the play book?
Ah ok, since you've already gone through the process of mastering/learning Kiffins playbook, you're better off trying to make it work with what you have. Try putting O.Oneal at FB (who has better blocking attributes) instead of Griffith and exploit McFaddens speed by using toss plays (that's what I like to do).

...If you continue to struggle, maybe try creating your own run plays while in-game (note: don't access the play-creator from the clipboard or you'll run into the "injury-bug").
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:37 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Ah ok, since you've already gone through the process of mastering/learning Kiffins playbook, you're better off trying to make it work with what you have. Try putting O.Oneal at FB (who has better blocking attributes) instead of Griffith and exploit McFaddens speed by using toss plays (that's what I like to do).

...If you continue to struggle, maybe try creating your own run plays while in-game (note: don't access the play-creator from the clipboard or you'll run into the "injury-bug").
yeah, i know about the injury bug. i will look at some of the other playbooks from other teams that run more then edit/save/export/import to my career and see if using any of those plays help.

thanks for the help

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »