Home

Devs: Drop everything you're "looking at" and turn to tuning

This is a discussion on Devs: Drop everything you're "looking at" and turn to tuning within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Devs: Drop everything you're "looking at" and turn to tuning

I'm out of ideas there just doesn't seem to be a solution to get accurate numbers with the 49ers in that system unless you supersim/sim.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #74
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
I'm out of ideas there just doesn't seem to be a solution to get accurate numbers with the 49ers in that system unless you supersim/sim.
The 'system' is based on the most successful plays in the playbook. You could change the playbook to match what you would expect, ie add some running plays and delete some of the plays that seem to be causing a lot of your problems.

Just a suggestion.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #75
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
The 'system' is based on the most successful plays in the playbook. You could change the playbook to match what you would expect, ie add some running plays and delete some of the plays that seem to be causing a lot of your problems.

Just a suggestion.
I've been adding more running plays to the Zorn WC to hopefully run a little better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #76
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Man the more and more 3 try to play this game ON FIELD, Im wishing I never deleted my dynasty and settings for NCAA07 for PS2... I created the perfect cpu vs cpu sliders for that game + fix the play calling, with those tweeks HC09 can't touch my ON FIELD experience with a yard stick....I've had players miss blocks and all the lil details this game does with my Ps2 football game...teams like hawaii even ran the ball unlike any of a pass orientated team in HC09...only problem I had with that game was the kicking which seem to also be a problem in this game....im not ranting cuz I love the game I just can't stand it while tryning to play on the field....why not let us have sliders that actually have an effect on the game, if not then wats the point of even putting them in the game? minds well save the space for MASCOT game mode!!! lol...Anyway im glad I've bought the CE becuz I can get my on field fix with madden 09 witch I enjoy for the first time since like madden 98............Sad becuz I grew up on playing EA sports
Old 08-23-2008, 03:54 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
There is an issue and that's all that really matters. I call all my own plays and here are my QB stats from the first 4 games of my franchise. Culpepper played the first game and from what I remember had 400 yards and 4 touchdowns in that game.

Alexa Smith (3 games) - 57/79 72% 907yards 6tds 1 int

As you can see 79 attempts in 3 games so you can't say I'm passing alot. It's only 26 attempts per game they're just extremely accurate. If you take out the 17 he had relieving Culpepper early in Game 2 it's be 31 attempts per game. Gore had 55 carries for 199 yards in this 4 game span which is 13 carries a game and 77 yards of it were off one run.
Gore had 55 carries for 199 that is definately not a balanced offense. i agree that the passing is way off, but your offense is off balance. the problem is what you are doing works. the defense should be able to drop everyone back in coverage and beat the passing game but defenders suck for some reason. i started simming my games but ive noticed that i get almost 0 turnovers. i was using the Jags and all my defensive linemen are 89 or above yet through 10 games the entire team had 6 sacks... thats pathetic... plus i signed guys so that the secondary was highly rated yet i had 3 INTs through those 10 games! and i set my philosophy to be aggressive and blitz often and everything! theres something wrong w/ the balancing of the game. the devs say balancing is just peoples opinions but sometimes there are right and wrong opinions. maybe the fatigue bugs theyve talked about will help but i dont think they will fix it much.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorelk
Gore had 55 carries for 199 that is definately not a balanced offense. i agree that the passing is way off, but your offense is off balance. the problem is what you are doing works. the defense should be able to drop everyone back in coverage and beat the passing game but defenders suck for some reason. i started simming my games but ive noticed that i get almost 0 turnovers. i was using the Jags and all my defensive linemen are 89 or above yet through 10 games the entire team had 6 sacks... thats pathetic... plus i signed guys so that the secondary was highly rated yet i had 3 INTs through those 10 games! and i set my philosophy to be aggressive and blitz often and everything! theres something wrong w/ the balancing of the game. the devs say balancing is just peoples opinions but sometimes there are right and wrong opinions. maybe the fatigue bugs theyve talked about will help but i dont think they will fix it much.
The playbook isn't the problem when it comes to passing. I don't run the same plays over and over again, you can pick whatever plays you want and your QB will complete all day. No 55 carries isn't a balanced offense but the Martz Playbook isn't supposed to be a balanced offense. It's pass heavy but as the devs have said theyve amped up things to make each playbook feel different, with only 22 running plays with 2 of them not counting because they are a FB run or a QB sneak. 20 plays and the only plays with a lead blocker which you pretty much always need to run the ball worth a damn are in the goalline formation where they stack the line on you everytime.

Now I know I can add or subtract plays to my playbook but like I said it doesn't matter what plays I call my guy will complete too many passes.

Someone else play a game with the 49ers and tell me what you see.

Last edited by JoeMimic; 08-23-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:40 PM   #79

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
The playbook isn't the problem when it comes to passing. I don't run the same plays over and over again, you can pick whatever plays you want and your QB will complete all day. No 55 carries isn't a balanced offense but the Martz Playbook isn't supposed to be a balanced offense. It's pass heavy but as the devs have said theyve amped up things to make each playbook feel different, with only 22 running plays with 2 of them not counting because they are a FB run or a QB sneak. 20 plays and the only plays with a lead blocker which you pretty much always need to run the ball worth a damn are in the goalline formation where they stack the line on you everytime.

Now I know I can add or subtract plays to my playbook but like I said it doesn't matter what plays I call my guy will complete too many passes.

Someone else play a game with the 49ers and tell me what you see.
Let me know if you find anything out, Im officially done tunning and tweaking this game and will now just simulate my games and focus on being the GM instead of the coach. Im in the offseason right now and Im enjoying it so far, I promoted Mike Singletary to my DC, made the mistake of firing my OL coach since the ones available were even worse. Got a better trainer and a solid LB Coach now that Singletary has moved up the ranks. Ended up keeping Martz because I figure if Im not going to be playing the game on the field anymore then my problems of my passing game being way too effective wont be a problem anymore anyways. I love the front office aspects of this game, so at the very least keep doing that and start simulating until someone finds some magical fix for our problem.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #80
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Let me know if you find anything out, Im officially done tunning and tweaking this game and will now just simulate my games and focus on being the GM instead of the coach. Im in the offseason right now and Im enjoying it so far, I promoted Mike Singletary to my DC, made the mistake of firing my OL coach since the ones available were even worse. Got a better trainer and a solid LB Coach now that Singletary has moved up the ranks. Ended up keeping Martz because I figure if Im not going to be playing the game on the field anymore then my problems of my passing game being way too effective wont be a problem anymore anyways. I love the front office aspects of this game, so at the very least keep doing that and start simulating until someone finds some magical fix for our problem.
Yeah the simming seems to be the way to go at this point.

So here's what I did this time. All sliders to 0 for the user and all sliders to 100 for the CPU. I'm even using a different playbook. I'm using McCarthy's West Coast. Here's the stats from the first drive. Shouldn't these sliders...I don't know do something?

Alex Smith - 6/6 73yards and a td
Gore - 7 carries 8 yards and a fumble.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »