Home

How does the clock work?

This is a discussion on How does the clock work? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 05:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How does the clock work?

Hey guys.

I was recently up 21-3 at the end of the first quarter (two fumbles and a punt return) so wanted to eat up as much clock time as possible.

While playing around, I noticed that on defense the clock seemed to stop (when it wasn't supposed to) and the play-clock would jump around a bit after you select your defensive play.

I'm assuming something intelligent is going on here to give you time to choose your play but to keep the actual clocks realistic, but I was too drunk at the time to work out what was going on. Can anyone tell me exactly how this works?

Thanks,
Ian
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How does the clock work?

The clock shows the actual play clock on the field, after the offense picks a play (you are on defense), the clock shows how much time you have to get a play into the defense before the offense will start running the play whether you are ready or not. Now that wont happen in the game, if the clock runs to 0, your DC will pick a play for you.
On offense I think you may have to be in the play calling screen in order to run the clock down (not sure). I think if you wait at the clipboard too long, the OC will call a play. What I do to run clock is go to the play I want to run and then wait until about 15 seconds to call the play. The QB will snap the ball around 2 seconds left. I think there might be a specific time on the play clock that calling the play after will cause the QB to take his time, but I am not sure what it is, so i do it at 15 seconds.

What is really needed is a few on/off switches for the QB that the HC can set. Switches like run/dont run clock; hurry up/not hurry up; and i would also love to see a switch that will allow my QB to audible out of my called play to a number of predefined plays, but that is for the next version I hope.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »