Home

POST YOUR QB STATS...

This is a discussion on POST YOUR QB STATS... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
POST YOUR QB STATS...

Maybe we can work together a help address the QB % issue that people are getting. I haven't exp yet, but i do see peoples game stats and A. Smith seems to be a T. Brady. I'm in my 5th game so below are my stats after 4 games.

1. My QB is M. Schaub.

2. I call all my offensive plays

3. 15 min quarters\

4. I play out the game.

Here are my stats for M. Schaub after 4 games:

Week #1 Texans Passing vs Steelers
M. Schaub (11 of 17 for 110yds / 0TD / 0 Int / 64%)

Week #2 Texans Passing vs Ravens
M. Schaub (13 of 24 for 178yds / 0TD / 1 Int / 54%)

Week #3 Texans Passing vs Titans
M. Schaub (17 of 27 for 209yds / 1TD / 0 Int / 62%)

Week #4 Texans Passing vs Jags
M. Schaub (23 of 37 for 368yds / 3TD / 0 Int / 62%)

I like others to play their 2nd or 3rd string QB and see if they have crazy % like others are getting.

Let's try to help each other out on this one.

Last edited by claystone; 08-22-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: POST YOUR QB STATS...

I play exactly how you do. 4 games in (Culpepper got one start before going down with an injury for the season)

Culpepper (Game 1) - 404 yards 4 tds I don't remember the % but obviously it was higih

Alexa Smith (3 games) - 57/79 72% 907yards 6tds 1 int

My lowest % in a game was 64%
Old 08-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

The problem IMO is SF. I played as them, posted sick numbers with Mr. Smith and Martz as well, decided to scrap it and started over with Oakland. Similar talent, and I'm 2-2 now instead of 4-0 with the 49ers. I had David Carr as my starter Week One and Week Two, and Russell in Three and Four. Carr posted around a 57% completion percentage including 48% the second week and Russell is right at 65%.

I really think the only thing the Devs need to tweak is the effect that coaches have on players by just a bit (or perhaps just QBs). Tuning down Martz himself isn't going to help much, since you can eventually just create another similar to him.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #4

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23
The problem IMO is SF. I played as them, posted sick numbers with Mr. Smith and Martz as well, decided to scrap it and started over with Oakland. Similar talent, and I'm 2-2 now instead of 4-0 with the 49ers. I had David Carr as my starter Week One and Week Two, and Russell in Three and Four. Carr posted around a 57% completion percentage including 48% the second week and Russell is right at 65%.

I really think the only thing the Devs need to tweak is the effect that coaches have on players by just a bit (or perhaps just QBs). Tuning down Martz himself isn't going to help much, since you can eventually just create another similar to him.
I hope your right since Im hopefully getting rid of Martz in the offseason in hopes that it will play more realistically.

In reply to Claystone, you are really starting to confuse me. In the other thread you posted that you needed to change your team to its 2nd and 3rd string players to play against the CPU's starters but then you showed stats from you using Schaub and he isnt the 2nd string QB in Houston so, did you not follow your own advice?
Old 08-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #5
Pro

I'm in play mode now right now with every backup I can fit in the game. O'Sullivan went 0-2 on the first drive!

Come to think of it you never really see much of this problem in the preseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
I hope your right since Im hopefully getting rid of Martz in the offseason in hopes that it will play more realistically.

In reply to Claystone, you are really starting to confuse me. In the other thread you posted that you needed to change your team to its 2nd and 3rd string players to play against the CPU's starters but then you showed stats from you using Schaub and he isnt the 2nd string QB in Houston so, did you not follow your own advice?
Sorry pimping, didn't mean to confuse you. The games i've posted is my starter. I was saying to also try out a game with 2nd or 3rd string starters and see what that gets you.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:31 PM   #7
Pro

O'Sullivan blows my hope out of the water 5-5 74 yards on that drive throwing to the likes of Billy Bajema, Joe John Finley and Josh Morgan.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #8

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Gotcha, two seperate things then, that makes more sense. I thought you were trying to use Schaubs stats as evidence and I was left scratching my head. Im still unsure what it will accomplish since there isnt a guy in this thread that would relegate himself to playing with nothing but his backups for the sake of realism.

And to address what Joe said, my completion percentages, yardage and turnovers were perfect in the preseason as well. My problems started to surface in the regular season. In the preseason I actually contemplated moving Alex Smith down in the depth chart because he had thrown more picks then TD's in the preseason, of course he seemed to right that ship since he is lighting it up in the regular season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »