Home

I Got Canned

This is a discussion on I Got Canned within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
I Got Canned

This really hurts. I thought I got the Dolphins heading in the right direction with a kickass draft. I moved Jason Taylor, Ronnie Brown, Joey Porter and Ricky Williams. I signed Ken Hamlin at FS and signed Ben Knoll at RG. My draft was amazing

1 - Jake Long LT
1 (Traded Up) - Brandon Albert LG
1 (32) - Kenny Phillips SS
2 (RFA Tender pick) - Calius Cambell DE (Comparison to Usi!)
2 - Dexter Jackson
3 Andre Woodson

Then a couple late rounds picks that didn't really materialize that well, Tashard Choice and another RB that compared to Sproles.

I wanted to turn the Dolphins into the Colts and used Moores passing attack and Dungy's Tampa 2 defense.

My first 6 picks in the draft had 90+ potential!!! I knew on Long, Albert, Cambell, Phillips and Woodson but got lucky with Jackson.

Woodson started at QB, Booker and Choice split carrier at RB, Ginn and Jackson were starting WR (both 90+ potential), and my line had Long and Albert on the left side, Satele at center and Knoll at RG. Only weakness was RT. My RE was Cambell who had a DROTY type season (didn't win it though) and my LE was Matt Roth. My DT were downright terrible though, and it got even worse. My OLB were good, Boss Bailey in a trade and Chrowder. My CBs were pretty rough but Phillps and Hamlin had a good tandem in the safety positons.

I went 3 - 13 though! My top 3 RBs were injured throughout the entire year, my starting RT injured for entire year, Ted Ginn injured in week 7 for entire year, my top 3 starting DTs (which already sucked) were gone for long periods of time as well.

I couldn't get a break though. I even had 2 first round and 2 second round picks in the 09 draft with plenty of cap room. Looking to add a pair of stud DTs and pickup a starting RB (I hear Leron james is good

But I was fired! Ouch Miami, that really really really hurt. I thought I did an awesome job in getting rid of aging vets and bringing in a ton of high potential players that fit well in my system. Guess not.

Anybody else have this happen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I Got Canned

Welcome to the NFL man! It's all about results!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

This may contain statistical/spoiler knowledge some may not want to look at

I did one too, I'l, post my offseason aquisitions (WR's are great in speed [Ginn pot. 94]) All good to very good players in the right system. Only look at this if you want some ideas for trying the Dolphins again

FA:
Asante Sameul (sp?)
Jake Scott
Bernard Berrian
Donte Stallworth (sp?)
Terrell Suggs
Desmond Clark
L.J. Smith (TE)
maybe a few more I'm not thinking of...

Draft
1 - Chris Williams (traded down)
2 - Brian Brohm
3 - Steltz
3 - Manningham
Later rounds good aquisitions -
Hart
Savage
Serna (K, undrafted, around 92 pot.)

There are probably some more good players, but these would main ones (other than late round.undrafted ones) that I'd suggest for anyone who trying to build a team basically from ground up (good for Dolphins in my opinion).

Last edited by LX_Theo; 08-23-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

what was your approval rating?

I don't know for sure, but I believe that is what determines your fate more than anything else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »