Home

Field Goals on the Patch List?

This is a discussion on Field Goals on the Patch List? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Field Goals on the Patch List?

I have both FG sliders, for human and CPU set at 100 and yet I am not getting very realistic results on field goals.

I am only making something like 20% of my field goals and the CPU isn't doing much better. In fact they frequently punt when they are between my 30 and 40 and we both miss pretty much anything over 29 yards.

I have seen only a few posts about this, are most of you getting realistic FG results?

Is this on the patch list?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 09:16 PM   #2
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Field Goals on the Patch List?

Have you downloaded the roster update? They adjusted the kickers on the update and I have gotten realistic results making from 45 to 48 yarders consistantly. I do turn down kickoff power though to 43.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I miss short on FGs all the time with a 97 KPW kicker. The CPU doesn't have much trouble really. I've got the sliders at 100. Does KAC affect length at all?
Old 08-23-2008, 10:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

Just sim the FG's. Works great...miss some, make some.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
Rookie

Devias's Arena

OVR: 1

SuperSimming FGs has not given me very good results. Highly rated Adam V. on the Colts has consistently missed 25 and 30 yard field goals, costing me several overtime games. OT games can't seem to be won by field goals, the CPU just misses them over and over again no matter how close I drive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 11:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

this field goal thing is really upsetting me, my kicker just missed two, one from 29 yard line the other from the 25. ridiculous
Old 08-23-2008, 11:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have not been able to download the roster update because of the Gold restriction. I am not paying $120/year for a roster update and I have no other use for Gold.

Also I am assuming the roster update won't update an existing career, and I don't really want to have to restart my career again after having to do so becasue of the injury bug.

I can (and I guess I will) supersim the field goals while waiting for the patch. But I don't supersim my games, preferring to play them out and don't really want to be forced to. I would hope this is something that is being looked into for the patch.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:00 AM   #8
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgustusM
I have not been able to download the roster update because of the Gold restriction. I am not paying $120/year for a roster update and I have no other use for Gold.

Also I am assuming the roster update won't update an existing career, and I don't really want to have to restart my career again after having to do so becasue of the injury bug.

I can (and I guess I will) supersim the field goals while waiting for the patch. But I don't supersim my games, preferring to play them out and don't really want to be forced to. I would hope this is something that is being looked into for the patch.
$120 a year? The US Dollar hasn't fallen that far. http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...14&dcaid=17902 you can get a year for under $45.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »